CPA defeats Georgia 6A powerhouse Peachtree

ArmorOfGod316

CPA just defeated perennial 6A powerhouse Peachtree down in Georgia.

To jog everyone's memory, it was only a short 9 months ago that CPA caused the meltdown of Gary Rankin and his Tornadont's.

I'm starting to think this whole split deal is nonsense ; CPA is going to roll up on anyone regardless...

#RollLionsRoll

Edited by ArmorOfGod316

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see a CPA vs Maryville matchup.  I know CPA is playing Ensworth this season but guessing by the reports from their Maryville scrimmage and their beatdown against Trinity they may be a little down compared to recent years teams.  Knoxville Catholic won convincingly today and that's who the Lions play next week.  It should be interesting.

CPA just defeated perennial 6A powerhouse Peachtree down in Georgia.

To jog everyone's memory, it was only a short 9 months ago that CPA caused the meltdown of Gary Rankin and his Tornadont's.

I'm starting to think this whole split deal is nonsense ; CPA is going to roll up on anyone regardless...

#RollLionsRoll

Hey, I have the utmost respect for CPA, and I even pull for them. But let's be real. They beat Alcoa 7-0. Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment, but let's not be too hasty to turn them into a dynasty just yet. That 7 point game could have gone either way, and it went their way that night. They are a serious contender this year. Nothing more, nothing less. They first have to GET to the game, and then they have to compete with whomever they are playing for the championship. "Roll up anyone regardless" may be a bit of an optimistic outlook at this point...

Watched the game online. No way, based on numbers and talent, CPA should have won this game.

Peachtree is a school of 3,200 (CPA less than 500), has 5-6 D1 signees and the #1 rated junior in Ga.. The difference was discipline, fundamentals, and coaching. Peachtree just kept making mistakes and bad decisions. CPA held them scoreless in the first half, then responded to every Peachtree score with one of their own.
I really believe Peachtree looked across to the other sideline and did not see a team that they thought could beat them. It took them getting down 28-7 before they realized this little school from Tennessee was for real.

CPA's defense was really impressive.

Hey, I have the utmost respect for CPA, and I even pull for them. But let's be real. They beat Alcoa 7-0. Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment, but let's not be too hasty to turn them into a dynasty just yet. That 7 point game could have gone either way, and it went their way that night. They are a serious contender this year. Nothing more, nothing less. They first have to GET to the game, and then they have to compete with whomever they are playing for the championship. "Roll up anyone regardless" may be a bit of an optimistic outlook at this point...

Agree. Not real sure who Armor is, but may be a student or poser from another school trying to stir things up. I think 3A has 4-5 serious contenders this year.

Click on the 2 links below to see the talent for 2016 and 2017 on Peachtree Ridge. CPA went down and beat a team with more d1 players than any two teams together in Tn. Many people had them top 4-5 in Georgia with the talent to compete for a state championship in Ga's largest division . This was a huge win for CPA and shows that this year they are among the elite teams in TN as well as the southeast.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=2016&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Peachtree

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=2017&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Peachtree

Watched the game online. No way, based on numbers and talent, CPA should have won this game.

Peachtree is a school of 3,200 (CPA less than 500), has 5-6 D1 signees and the #1 rated junior in Ga.. The difference was discipline, fundamentals, and coaching. Peachtree just kept making mistakes and bad decisions. CPA held them scoreless in the first half, then responded to every Peachtree score with one of their own.

I really believe Peachtree looked across to the other sideline and did not see a team that they thought could beat them. It took them getting down 28-7 before they realized this little school from Tennessee was for real.

CPA's defense was really impressive.

Watched the webcast. CPA controlled the game from whistle to whistle. They were better coached, better prepared, in better shape, tougher, smarter and hustled more than Peachtree Ridge. The only areas CPA didn't have an advantage were individual talent and depth. Peachtree Ridge was already tired after the first drive and by the end of the first half, they didn't want to be hit anymore. Outside of the first drive of the 3rd quarter, the defense was stout. Some of the best one on one and open field tackling I've seen in a high school game, especially on special teams. CPA needs to improve the FG kicking, but that was one of the few areas of weakness last night. Great effort by the Lions.

Edited by Redtwin