Portland @ Greenbrier

ss12

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good ball game tonight. Costly penalty's for holding, blocking in the back etc. Cost us two touchdowns. 4 dropped balls, which 2 were turned over to GB (yes my son, lol), GB had their own share of costly penalty's for personal fouls/unsportsmanlike like conduct, etc. Good running game by both teams, great seeing one of my sons close friends on GB #18, he ran the ball well tonight as well. Our QB #7 had 3 rushing td and threw two more I believe.  Neither team kicked very well, which lead to good field positions by both teams. We are down a field goal kicker, and pretty much trying anyone at kick offs, I believe tonight was our young mans first time, he stayed with it all night. Got better as the night went on. As the coach said, our backs played great tonight receiving, blocking, and running. All in all if we played them 10 times this year our record may be 5-5, they were not the same caliber team as Franklin Simpson, where our kids pretty much played error free. Tonight, they made their fair share of mistakes, but, over came them, in years past, they would have imploded. Great seeing these young men Ive known since they were 5, grow in the young men they are becoming. Refreshing.  At one point in time just about every one that played, did something, somewhere in the game that mattered. That is a team effort. Awesome. Good luck to GB the rest of the season. They will win their share. Good bunch of kids there, my son has been playing against that group since they were little. Lots of good folks there in Greenbrier. Great atmosphere there for a ball game as well.