Macon Co. vs York

Tuesday:

DeKalb Co. vs Smith Co.

Goodpasture vs Merrol Hyde

Thursday:

Livingston vs York

Smith Co. vs Macon Co.

Any Predictions?

I see Macon defeated York by a score of 4-2. I heard it wasn't really close though. Macon dominated the entire game, until they subbed in JV players for the last 20 minutes when York got its 2 goals. One of my friends said they played in the middle of the day in front of the students at York. Macon scored in the opening minutes and never looked back. 

Yes, and Macon had a very good showing at Smith County last night. Smith is a very good possession team for a rural school. Macon had some opportunities to convert, but just couldn't finish. Smith had a goal given to them by a referee at the end of the first half. Smith County fans and players even said it wasn't a goal. So the score should read 1-0. Second half, Macon ran out of steam, and just was not able to threaten Smith with much. District standings so far for the east:

Smith 3-0

DeKalb 1-1-1

Macon 1-1

Livingston 0-0-2

York 0-3-1

That seals Smith as District east winner. The game between Macon and DeKalb determines 2nd place. DeKalb can finish no lower than 3rd, and Macon could finish 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on its games. Livingston can finish 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on its result with Macon and Smith. I'm not sure what this does for seeding for the tournament. I don't know how the District tourney is set up.

Edited by LaughingGoat

Our District Tournament:

Sat. Play-in Games

Game 1:  5E @ 4W

Game 2:  5W @ 4E

Mon. 1st Round

Game 3:  Winner of Game 1 @ 1E

Game 4:  Winner of Game 2 @ 1W

Game 5:  3E @ 2W

Game 6:  3W @ 2E

Tues. 2nd Round @ Macon Co.

Game 7:  Winner of Game 3 & Winner of Game 5

Game 8:  Winner of Game 4 & Winner of Game 6

Thurs. Championship @ Macon Co.

Game 9:  Winner of Game 7 & Winner of Game 8

Both teams in the Championship game advance to the Region Tournament

Our District Tournament:

Sat. Play-in Games

Game 1:  5E @ 4W

Game 2:  5W @ 4E

Mon. 1st Round

Game 3:  Winner of Game 1 @ 1E

Game 4:  Winner of Game 2 @ 1W

Game 5:  3E @ 2W

Game 6:  3W @ 2E

Tues. 2nd Round @ Macon Co.

Game 7:  Winner of Game 3 & Winner of Game 5

Game 8:  Winner of Game 4 & Winner of Game 6

Thurs. Championship @ Macon Co.

Game 9:  Winner of Game 7 & Winner of Game 8

Both teams in the Championship game advance to the Region Tournament

Looking at scores from the west, the 1 and 2 in the West will be Central Magnet or Merrol Hyde. I am going to guess Central takes this one. Goodpasture will lock up 3 followed by Cannon 4 and Watertown 5. Looking at the odds, I would say the 2 seed in the East will be punished for doing well by having to take on Central in the second round. The 3 seed in the West would have an outside shot at Merrol Hyde and would get a rematch with Smith County.

All the away teams are the favorites IMO with the exception of DC.

I've only seen MH though but I have seen them three times. Very well coached, possession oriented team that will change the point of attack. Not explosive at all and not really a counter attack built team. The coach does a great job with the group he has though.

Smith vs. Livingston should a be a good game. I'm not sure how LA tied York. Macon vs. DeKalb depends on injuries with DeKalb (I assume you have your players healthy again...) Also, if Macon can find a way to score, the match could be interesting. They definitely have the athletes, and their goalkeeper was solid against Smith Co. (It was really a 1-0 game.)

All the away teams are the favorites IMO with the exception of DC.

I've only seen MH though but I have seen them three times. Very well coached, possession oriented team that will change the point of attack. Not explosive at all and not really a counter attack built team. The coach does a great job with the group he has though.

Good call:

Central 2-1 over Merrol Hyde

Smith 2-1 over Livingston

DeKalb 6-2 over Macon

Cannon @ Goodpasture not posted?

• 2 weeks later...