TSSAA Proposal Changes?

mrbigster

Your probably right if the they are not forced they would remain as they are.  But if forced they would do something different in order to survive.  And once ambitious coaches and athletes in the public sector saw the "advantages" that private association making its own rules could offer you would see many jump.

Imagine if the SEC expanded to 30 teams and split from the NCAA, and allowed top players to be paid 6 figures (They could afford it), ignored NCAA transfer rules, and went after all the top athletes of the NCAA schools. They could probably compete with the NFL in a few years.

Except it is still Tennessee with about 400 combined football playing schools.  It isn't California, Texas or Florida you are talking about.

The only leveling TSSAA is doing is leveling out their pockets from any lost wages in the past year or two. The publics need to play with publics and the privates need to play with privates. There's no sense in schools such as Grace and CAK playing the likes of Harriman and Kingston and Rockwood and Scott Co for example. Get some fortitude and play with the likes of Webb and Friendship Christian and Ensworth. No reason why you can't recruit when you're in that league and Grace especially had the facilities to be a recruiting hotbed and it would be legal then if they chose to do so. No accusations at you pride, I hope you get what I'm trying to say and convey here.

I ain't got nothin' against private schools; ain't my cup of tea, but whatever. I think it's great that the private sector can build schools that often times do a better job than our public schools. But I don't support vouchers. If a private school wants to let a kid come for free 'cause thez a good athlete or a good violin player, that's great for the kid and the school. But those schools should compete against each other.

On the public side, ought to open up the transfer rules, rather than restrict them. Freedom of Choice. There would probably be some public schools that would drop football, as the athletes that want to play transfer to schools that had the resources and desire to build strong athletic programs.

Would more talent shift to the privates? Maybe some, but so what. Just like the FBS and FCS, not every school can afford to run with the big dogs. That don't make the FCS championship series any less exciting for the FCS schools.

Some of the public schools are as bad or worse than the privates.Dyer Co and Dyersburg has been recruiting for years but just about impossible to prove.They're going to say that these students wanted to go to a bigger school.Dyer Co has about 8 LC students now and Dyersburg 3 that I know of.All these parents can't afford to send their students the 40 mile round trip. every day.And on top of that,when Dyersburg or Dyer Co has a game,these parents have to travel another 100 miles to go to a game,besides the 40 miles back and forth to Lake Co as they play teams like Hardin Co,Fayette Ware,Bolivar.So instead of maybe playing UC .Trenton and getting home at maybe 11 oclock,could be 1 in the morning and a lot more miles.Lake Co middle school is 3-0 with wins over Dyersburg by over 20,Three Oaks by 30 and beating Union City last night 52-8.But because of the TSSAA allowing these kids to keep going out of county,4 or 5 of these players will end up listening to Dyer Co people,students,parents,promising greener pastures.The TSSAA doesnt want to keep a kid for going to a school of their choice.They could still go ,but sit out a year,Killing the small schools

thinkin and believin Hargis been readin what Booger been postin on T all along...great article that tells it like it gonna be

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/columns/story/2015/sep/04/warning-public-schools-be-careful-whyou-wish/323433/

and our kids finally get to shed that ridiculous label of being told by TSSAA that they are .08 x better than the PUBS

Booger just sayin :thumb:

What I learned today

Some don't want to accept what has happened in other states and live in denial saying "it won't happen here" and........booger pick a school where he can pray while holding his beer instead of pretending he doesn't drink.

you got that right sugar......nobody playin the good book hippycrit or hidin in the closet over on 2701 Vermont Avenue.....over at ND you can wear the same face you wear at home and out of town.....dont have to lug that 2nd face around that others do....

Booger just sayin Face-mask-Terrorist-burglar-kidnapper-sm

Edited by Booger