TSSAA Proposal Changes?

mrbigster

ALL programs (public and private) recruit or de-recruit, whether they mean to or not.  Good programs will draw players without actually going out and seeking them and bad ones will drive players away.  Many times poor programs or losers make themselves feel better by telling themselves that all their problems are because others are recruiting their players away thereby absolving themselves of any responsibility for their condition.  I understand that many programs actively recruit but all programs draw or repel players.  Build it and they will come.

Edited by rikberry

thinkin and believin Hargis been readin what Booger been postin on T all along...great article that tells it like it gonna be

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/columns/story/2015/sep/04/warning-public-schools-be-careful-whyou-wish/323433/

and our kids finally get to shed that ridiculous label of being told by TSSAA that they are .08 x better than the PUBS

Booger just sayin :thumb:

What he left out is that most of the D1 privates can't afford to pay much more financial aide than they already are paying. The new rules just closed some loopholes and will force many of them to play in D2 against their peers. They already pay coaches more and have twice as many as most publics so I don't see how the coaching rule change helps privates very much. If anything, it makes it easier for the publics to bring in more volunteer coaches.

Indian, Booger believes you copy and pasted that from the other thread...You did....now that is funny...watch this trick

now we've gone from being your nemesis and playing with the PUBS because we have an unfair advantage and cant function with our own kind EAGER......you and that school master you snuggle so closely up to need to make up your mind what it is we are.....when that kinda hatred and envy runs that deep in ya; it is healthier to only chose one or the other....that peyote has wonderin in all kinda directions

and let ole Booger tell you somethin that you already know but want admit......Maybe Grace gets hurt; but for us, It Will Be On; you can bet your moccasins and loin cloth my little red skinned smoke blower

Booger just sayin peace-pipe-smiley.gif

was that cool or what

Booger just sayin again

What he left out is that most of the D1 privates can't afford to pay much more financial aide than they already are paying. The new rules just closed some loopholes and will force many of them to play in D2 against their peers. They already pay coaches more and have twice as many as most publics so I don't see how the coaching rule change helps privates very much. If anything, it makes it easier for the publics to bring in more volunteer coaches.

that most word you used may not be one you wanted to use...there will be some, but not most Booger thinkin....as I told that little Injun boy that lives in the valley of the sun down at the bottom backside of North Red Bank Mountain...Grace may suffer; but the Irish gonna be just fine

so you are drssin only 23 eaglets tonight huh...that aint good Troll

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

want have to call em; my little buddy with the deerskin loin cloth...... we may just not have to turn em away anymore......Booger and his posse; Booger repeats posse; may finally get to legally dip into the vast wealth that they are swimmin in......that 6'1 260lb kid that yall are makin eat cheetos, potted meat and SOS for lunch everyday ; he may have just found his way outta that valley 

Booger just sayin www.MessenTools.com-Mensajes-big-23.gif

OK Injun; ant got no more time today to engage in the Bovine drippins.......Booger got to leave you for the night......have to get to the Pregame festives....the theme tonight for the tailgatin at ND is "A Flight to the Orient"; so Mrs Booger and Booger are cookin Peking Duck w/ a Tangerine sauce in the parking lot

Booger just sayin "Go Irish"

I really don't think you understand what has taken place here.  You now must decide if you are going to stop giving any type of aid to athletes or you go D2.  I will agree that athletes who parents work for TCA will not be affected. However, the key to understanding what took place is knowing what falls under a Financial Assistance Program. It includes the money that has been available at TCA for athletes who are not involved in varsity sports. Students can no longer do work study and  tuition discounts or financial aid if you play below varsity. Read your own website and you will see that TCA has been giving aid.  It all stops now or you go D2.  I'm sure Mr. Northcutt will soon realize like you that a decision will have to be made about changing the financial aid policy at his school or he can enjoy going to D2. 

You are still wrong.  TCA does not do work study programs for athletes for your information.  By the way, you do realize that the rulings this past week by the TSSAA only have an effect on varsity sports?  TCA does not offer the financial aid that was outlawed in this weeks rulings.  In fact, no financial aid is given to any TCA athlete.  You should have listened to my interview with  Coach Northcut at half time of the Adamsville game.  I will take his knowledge of the events over yours sir.

Unless I read it wrong, looks as if no decision on where the schools will be until October 2016. That leaves very little time for deciding on number of classifications, getting enrollment figures, then setting regions, since each step has taken months in the past.

That's because they expect very little to change.

So no real need for reclassification.

One of the articles said a drop to four classes in Division I is being looked at. That's exactly what I meant in a previous post, so they can say "you got what you asked for (if more than just a couple go to Division II), now live with it." Four classes would put a minimum of 75 teams in each, giving an avg of 9+ in each region. That would kill many non region money games. On top of that, the school size in each class would differ widely, one of the reasons they created the "Super 32." Was to address that at least among the largest schools.

Edited by Indian