Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

Good grief. This post alone speaks about you. My suggestion is to keep working to try and help the school and not want to fight somebody on coachT because they disagree. Wheres Bigchief? He should meet you and settle you down a bit. He's doing all he can for GP too and he knows how to coach/relate to kids.

GP serves a great role in that community in many ways including athletics. Good luck to building it back with that large freshmen class. However, as active is Davidson Academy is about improving their athletics that only makes your job harder at GP. If Coach Quinn leaves that will help some.

The boys basketball coach is doing well as is volleyball. Good luck.

Didn't ask for your suggestion or opinion.

we can finally agree on something

ParentGCS, i would like to know what your issue was with Coach Martin? Did you have issues with the way he treated players?   I was a fan of Coach Martin, and did not like the way things ended from both sides, and in hindsight I wish cooler heads would have prevailed.  

Thanks for your input.

Edited by SmokeStackI

Didn't ask for your suggestion or opinion.

You're right you didn't but you obviously needed it. Bigchief and his family are great ambassadors for the school so you should look him up. I'm certain he can help you find ways to help GPS to get it back to where it used to be.

Wanting to fight a guy on here because he disagreed with you isn't how rational adults act. The guy basically didnt say anything controversial and you became a rage monster. Its great both of you are passionate about GPS so put that to good use and help whenever and wherever you can. There are lots of good coaches, students, teachers and family's there working hard every day. Good luck to them and you!!!

You're right you didn't but you obviously needed it. Bigchief and his family are great ambassadors for the school so you should look him up. I'm certain he can help you find ways to help GPS to get it back to where it used to be.

Wanting to fight a guy on here because he disagreed with you isn't how rational adults act. The guy basically didnt say anything controversial and you became a rage monster. Its great both of you are passionate about GPS so put that to good use and help whenever and wherever you can. There are lots of good coaches, students, teachers and family's there working hard every day. Good luck to them and you!!!

Is big chief the headmaster of Goodpasture?

I dont usually get involved in discussions like this but I would like to offer a suggestion that may help?

If the kids aren't playing basketball in the winter put them on the wrestling mat. It is offered as a varsity sport at Goodpasture. Many stand out college and professional football coaches and players attest to the benefits of wrestling for the football player. He will be trained at an intensity level not seen in other sports, and he will gain a valuable understanding of leverage, hip position, eye, hand, and foot coordination all while maintaining his off season conditioning. Besides these obvious benefits he will become more aggressive and less afraid of the guy in front of him and he will learn to scrap with guys his size and sometimes guys bigger than him. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who plays both sports. Who knows, maybe he can become a really good 2 sport athlete as a result.

Is big chief the headmaster of Goodpasture?

No. I do not work at Goodpasture. I would consider myself heavily involved in the school, however.

The debate about Coach Martin is a moot point. What's done is done.

The focus should be on getting kids to attend Goodpasture in the first place and also to play football. There are several already there that should be playing, but choose not to for whatever reason. That is their choice, but I wish they would reconsider.

The team is very young. A bunch of freshmen starting in 3A football  is a recipe for disaster. The last few years have been limited athletically as well. I know every parent thinks their kid is D.1 bound, but it is just not there.

These kids need at least one off-season of DEDICATED strength work. They are young and weak. That was not a focus in the last two years and it shows now. Work ethic needs to be restored.

The team needs line depth badly. Big kids just don't seem to be coming to Goodpasture.

Can this be fixed. Yes. Will it happen in one day? One year? No. Please focus on the present and what we all can do to improve the team/school.

No. I do not work at Goodpasture. I would consider myself heavily involved in the school, however.

The debate about Coach Martin is a moot point. What's done is done.

The focus should be on getting kids to attend Goodpasture in the first place and also to play football. There are several already there that should be playing, but choose not to for whatever reason. That is their choice, but I wish they would reconsider.

The team is very young. A bunch of freshmen starting in 3A football  is a recipe for disaster. The last few years have been limited athletically as well. I know every parent thinks their kid is D.1 bound, but it is just not there.

These kids need at least one off-season of DEDICATED strength work. They are young and weak. That was not a focus in the last two years and it shows now. Work ethic needs to be restored.

The team needs line depth badly. Big kids just don't seem to be coming to Goodpasture.

Can this be fixed. Yes. Will it happen in one day? One year? No. Please focus on the present and what we all can do to improve the team/school.

Well said.  Rebuilding something that was that broken will and does not happen over night.  But I do think they have some administrative issues that are hampering the rebuilding process.  One that someone mentioned in earlier post is the decision to move to 3A, that was a recipe for disaster.  IMO should have stayed where they were gotten a few wins, possibly playoffs and made another decision in 2 more years, maybe then they would have been ready.  They will be in D2 by next classification anyway if things go the way everyone thinks they will go.  I don't know JJ personally but know many of the assistants and they have nothing but good things to say about the structure, discipline, etc that JJ has brought with him. Hopefully things will get better for GP.