Huntland vs Summertown

creed35

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say one thing. I thought it was tasteless with 30 seconds left in the first half and leading 28-6 for Huntland to be calling timeout to design a play at the 10 yard line to score again. Why? You clearly have the game in hand and it was abundantly clear Summertown could not stop the run. Why not just sit on it and run out the clock? Not a good look IMO. It looks as if you are trying to run up the score.

Tasteless. You must be new to football. Huntland would have looked bad for not trysing to score when Summertown came out an scored quick to start the second half  Huntland showed a lot of class playing young kids most of the second half. Learn the game before you call somebody out. Good look to Summertown the rest of the year.

I just have to say one thing. I thought it was tasteless with 30 seconds left in the first half and leading 28-6 for Huntland to be calling timeout to design a play at the 10 yard line to score again. Why? You clearly have the game in hand and it was abundantly clear Summertown could not stop the run. Why not just sit on it and run out the clock? Not a good look IMO. It looks as if you are trying to run up the score.

For what it's worth, most all the coaches I have seen through the years will not call it quits for their varsity squad until at least 35 points or better is on the board by them. (Unless the opposing team is right on their heals score wise of course.)

But even if a goose egg is on the board for their opponents coaches will still play their offenses hard til around 35-42 points scored.

Wow, it appears the Summertown fans have a lot to learn.

I am a Summertown fan. Yes, Huntland was better than the Eagles on Friday night. Summertown will lose some and we will win some. We will only get better. You are right it is not the offense that has to stop themselves but it is the defense's job to do that. For those who say they are "disappointed" in Summertown fans, this little town will support their kids and you can tell this by the sea of blue there the last 3 games. This team is small in size but they play with heart and will sneak up on some this year.

I am a Summertown fan. Yes, Huntland was better than the Eagles on Friday night. Summertown will lose some and we will win some. We will only get better. You are right it is not the offense that has to stop themselves but it is the defense's job to do that. For those who say they are "disappointed" in Summertown fans, this little town will support their kids and you can tell this by the sea of blue there the last 3 games. This team is small in size but they play with heart and will sneak up on some this year.

Huntland should try to score as many as possible in the first half. Sorry but you will not win a game this year.