Marshall County @ Giles County

Lead

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be. I know Giles has a big DL and a good LB on defense. I remember them from last year, and will give credit where it is due. The RB was young but solid in my eyes. I was at the MC/Overton game, and we can't have a slow start against these guys. Finish them early!!!

:thumb:

IMO...Our inability to throw (or attempt to throw) the ball down the field has been our main problem this year on offense. Our D has actually played decent. We have trouble sustaining drives on offense and the D eventually gives out.

We have a great RB but when everyone in the stadium knows he's getting the ball, success is limited. I would like to see us incorporate some read option into the playbook as well. This has worked for us for years. Not sure why we went away from that this year?

The athletes are there, we just have to find different ways to get them the ball. That being said...I still look for us to surprise some folks and keep this thing close and possibly pull out the win.

Just my two cents...

I know this is a big rivalry and anything can happen but I think Giles is really struggling in some key positions. Naturally I am picking my Tigers, but I still think this one will get out of hand, this is not the same Marshall team from last year, trust me. Good Luck to all my Bobcat friends, me and X5 are having a tater together this afternoon, that is for sure.

Better get to the cafeteria early if you want that tater. My shuttle will head to the field @530, taters from 4-7.  Got to go toss a few corn hole bags with the faithful.  Better get to the field early because this will be a Cowbell Game kinda crowd, large, loud and rowdy.  This will be the largest crowd there this season and the largest mc will play in front of all year. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Buckhorn staff in attendance.  Here's to an injury free night for both and I look forward to seeing my mc co-workers.  Don't be scared to come say hi.  GO CATS!!!

Hoping for a Giles Co. win tonight so there might be a real race for the region title this year! Seems like every year (RECENTLY, dating back to before CPA was included) the region race has been nothing more than a formality... AND bc with a Page win tonight we would be in 1st place by ourselves  :popcorneater:

Edited by KingTenn