1 - Upperman (4-1)

1 - York (4-1)

1 - Smith (4-1)

4 - Macon (3-2)

5 - LA (3-2)

6 - Magnet (2-3)

7 - Cannon (0-5)

7 - DeKalb (0-5)

This Friday one of the number ones will for sure have another loss as Smith County hosts Upperman, York travels to Macon, DeKalb hosts Magnet, and Cannon hosts LA. 

Thoughts so far? Who are the top players in the district after 5 games? 

Current Standings are:

1 - Upperman (4-1)

1 - York (4-1)

1 - Smith (4-1)

4 - Macon (3-2)

5 - LA (3-2)

6 - Magnet (2-3)

7 - Cannon (0-5)

7 - DeKalb (0-5)

This Friday one of the number ones will for sure have another loss as Smith County hosts Upperman, York travels to Macon, DeKalb hosts Magnet, and Cannon hosts LA. 

Thoughts so far? Who are the top players in the district after 5 games? 

York and Upperman are up there where they should be. I like seeing Smith tied for first, they have progressed quicker than many thought. Livingston isn't the same Livingston of old. Macon seems a tad bit overrated, bad loss last night to Magnet. Magnet has progressed quicker than many people thought also. Cannon should have beaten Upperman last night, could have been a fluke on both sides though. Dekalb is terrible.

Edited by ThatRadioGuy

No one in this district is good enough to run away with it. Proven when one of the 1st place teams throws up a prayer with 2 seconds left to beat a last place team. I believe SC may be the most balanced team. All will have more losses before district is over. Top 4 is wide open. Districts this year will be the funnest tourney we have had in a long time.

Edited by oldkodger

What is up with Macon County losing to Central Magnet? It looked like a close game in the box score (I think Central was up 4 at the end of the 3rd). Macon County is good...strong post play and can stroke the 3...I saw them several times this summer and then saw them at the Smokey Mountain Tournament vs. Sevier County (who is really good by the way).

I don't get it, I thought Central was a bad team? Am I wrong? 

Don't sleep on Cannon County....they can get you (ask Upperman how much they sweated it).

Should be 2 games of the night...York vs. Macon County and Smith County vs. Upperman.

These 2 should be barn burners...

Predictions anyone?

LA over CC

MC over York

Upperman over Smith

DeKalb over CM

Have you seen any 8AA games this year?

Edited by wateryturnip

Don't sleep on Cannon County....they can get you (ask Upperman how much they sweated it).

Should be 2 games of the night...York vs. Macon County and Smith County vs. Upperman.

These 2 should be barn burners...

Predictions anyone?

LA over CC

MC over York

Upperman over Smith

DeKalb over CM

I agree with wateryturnip. You are making picks based off your heart rather than your head.

LA over CC- No explanation needed.

York over Macon- Macon's post play is just average and Blevin's will expose them.

Upperman over Smith- Should be a great game.

CM over DeKalb- Dekalb has not been close in district yet this year.