District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

What is going on with York?

Lost to Cannon 48-61.

Defensively we can't stop a decent middle school team right now, not containing the ball off the dribble at all. Offensively we are struggling to knock down shots.

Execution on both ends is lacking, for a team with 5 seniors there is no excuse for it.

Still time to right the ship, but with the kids have to turn it around now. This bunch still has the talent to contend for the district tournament. Will we? I don't know, but those boys have no excuses, that's for certain.

Friday schedule:

Smith travels to DeKalb, be hard for DeKalb to pull the upset now, with Harpole out with a broke leg. Hate it for that kid and his teammates. I say Smith wins big. 

Upperman travels to Cannon. Bees better be ready, Cannon about got them last time, almost beat Smith and just won at York. They are playing better. 

LA hosts York. this will be a good game, I think LA wins in a close one. 

Magnet travels to Macon. Magnet not playing well as of late and Macon playing better. Look for Macon to win big. 

Friday schedule:

Smith travels to DeKalb, be hard for DeKalb to pull the upset now, with Harpole out with a broke leg. Hate it for that kid and his teammates. I say Smith wins big. 

Upperman travels to Cannon. Bees better be ready, Cannon about got them last time, almost beat Smith and just won at York. They are playing better. 

LA hosts York. this will be a good game, I think LA wins in a close one. 

Magnet travels to Macon. Magnet not playing well as of late and Macon playing better. Look for Macon to win big. 

Smith won over DeKalb by 20. 

Upperman beat Cannon 78-53. 

LA beats York in a thriller, 76-73. LA was down 17 at one point. 

Macon won by 20 or so over Magnet. 

Current standings:

1 - SC (9-2)

2 - UHS (9-3)

3 - MC (8-4)

4 - LA (8-4)

5 - YORK (7-5)

6 - CM (5-7)

7 - DC (1-11)

8 - CC (1-11)