District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

Time will tell. He can play and I would almost bet that Rick Barnes was just dying to have him (sarcasm). Endicott could go to Tech so there's one, and i'm sure coach Bennett has been to Jamestown to recruit him too. I can believe Mercer but Tennessee and Virginia? IMO he is a very good player and i'm glad he's getting his school paid for. Talk to coaches in the district and ask them if they would want him to play for them, you'd be surprised at the responses you would get. I'm just saying it doesn't seem right IMO that the best player in the district can't lead his team to a better record than York has in this district. I'm sure he gets doubled and tripled but that isn't an excuse for your team to be 6-6 in district play. Take the big kids from Livingston over the years, they lived in a double team but they always finished 1st or 2nd in the district. I understand he's a D1 prospect and all that, that's great. The most valuable player to his team this year in this district, I don't believe so. But that's just my opinion.

Endicott could go to Tech!?? I hope you mean as a student because I can promise you it won't be as a basketball player. You just took over the most ridiculous comment so far in this thread. And that's quite a statement.

Does any of this really matter? Not like our opinions are going to account for anything. I'm sure all the coaches will get on here tomorrow night and see what we think. How do you all think Blevins feels if he gets on here and reads all this? Everyone knows he's a great player. Same with Guffey, Shepperson, and a few others you could toss in. Leave it at that and let the coaches decide. Not bashing anyone or anything. Let's get back to talking the upcoming final games and tournament. Should be one for the ages.

One more thing: Coach Worsley at CM should without a shadow of a doubt be in the conversation for COY. Has to be him or Coach Sanders IMO.

Does any of this really matter? Not like our opinions are going to account for anything. I'm sure all the coaches will get on here tomorrow night and see what we think. How do you all think Blevins feels if he gets on here and reads all this? Everyone knows he's a great player. Same with Guffey, Shepperson, and a few others you could toss in. Leave it at that and let the coaches decide. Not bashing anyone or anything. Let's get back to talking the upcoming final games and tournament. Should be one for the ages.

One more thing: Coach Worsley at CM should without a shadow of a doubt be in the conversation for COY. Has to be him or Coach Sanders IMO.

After today's action, what are the scenarios based on the potential outcomes for the final games?  If UHS wins, are they an auto one seed, or are there other considerations?  As stated before, a good team or two isn't going to make it out of the district.

After today's action, what are the scenarios based on the potential outcomes for the final games?  If UHS wins, are they an auto one seed, or are there other considerations?  As stated before, a good team or two isn't going to make it out of the district.

right now the seeding is

1. upperman or smith

3. macon

4. Livingston

5. central

6. York

7. dekalb

8. cannon

I am excited for tomorrow.

Macon at Smith (Macon could jump in the 1/2 seed conversation)

Livingston at Upperman (Livingston could also jump in the 1/2 seed conversation)

Central at York (winner takes the 5 seed)

Really dont know who the MVP of the regular season should be, but to say take Blevins off of Yorks team and they would not be very good is an invalid statement right now.  Going into tonight they are in 6th place, I would be willing to say take him off the team and they finish at least in 6th place, so look another place if the kid is that dominate they would be in the top 3, maybe its coaching not putting him in the right spots to succeed instead of having him 21 feet from the basket.

Endicott could go to Tech!?? I hope you mean as a student because I can promise you it won't be as a basketball player. You just took over the most ridiculous comment so far in this thread. And that's quite a statement.

Yes he could go to Tech, 6'8 post player from a school in the Upper Cumberland, that's enough to play for Tech. The only thing Blevins does better than him is shoot the 3, Endicott plays more around the basket and finishes more toward the rim. Yes, he could go to Tech.

Edited by bustin55

Yes he could go to Tech, 6'8 post player from a school in the Upper Cumberland, that's enough to play for Tech. The only thing Blevins does better than him is shoot the 3, Endicott plays more around the basket and finishes more toward the rim. Yes, he could go to Tech.

It is ridiculous to think that all you gotta do to play at Tech is be tall and from the Upper Cumberland LOL....He finishes more toward the rim because he cannot play on the perimeter. One could argue that Blevins would finish more around the rim if he played in there more, which he probably should BUT that is another debate for another day. In order for Endicott to even be considered, and yeah I said CONSIDERED, to be a prospect for Tech he would have to improve his strength with the ball, his shooting from 15' out, and his ball handling would have to improve TREMENDOUSLY! And that is just to be considered in my opinion. That isn't to say that he can't play somewhere at the college level, but not D1...not at this point.