District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

I agree with the fact the district is still open for the top 3 or 5. It is high school basketball and you never know. I will give the Bees the slight edge only because we have Macon, Smith and LA at home yet. We travel to DeKalb, MCM and Cannon.

All of the top teams still have to play each other. Last nigh York was the first district team we have played twice so still a lot to be decided. Macon in my opinion has the toughest road left with LA, York, Smith and Upperman left to play with 4 of the 5 away.

So with that being said to me Macon is the dark horse simply do to schedule and being on the road 4 out of the last 5 games. 

The Bees played well last night solid defense and scored in all phases of the game inside, outside and fast break. They also shot well from the foul line but in high school basketball anything can happen. Looking forward to the finish and seeing how it plays out.

Edited by UTRok

can anybody from 8aa beat chatt. central or brainerd this year or will it be two teams from chatt going to state again??

Both of those teams are very good. It would be tough for 8AA to win on the road I think, I believe they could get the home game though. Who knows who it will be. Really going to depend on who is playing their best at the right time. 8AA has about 4 teams that could potentially be in the substate games. 

can anybody from 8aa beat chatt. central or brainerd this year or will it be two teams from chatt going to state again??

pounderfan1, to answer your question...

I don't know...I think both Smith County and Upperman are really good and then they lose one that makes you scratch your head. 

I think the Purple Pounders will be headed back to state this year...the question is how good is Brainerd or Tyner? 

York beat DC by 12, and Upperman beat MC by 15 or so. anybody know about LA vs Magnet and Smith at Cannon? 

LA blew out Magnet. CM is starting to look like the only reason they were good the first time through the district is because teams overlooked them. They still have to travel to York and Macon which will be tough to win, but they did beat them the first time. LA looks much improved and significantly more mature than they did a month ago.

Smith barely escaped Cannon with a 55-52 W. Smith is so hard to figure out. One night they look like a team that belongs in Murfreesboro and the next they look like they can't get out of the region. As for Cannon, their losing streak now reaches nine games. They have lost a lot of close ones. They obviouusly have trouble closing out games, but they will improve on that as they gain more expirience.

LA blew out Magnet. CM is starting to look like the only reason they were good the first time through the district is because teams overlooked them. They still have to travel to York and Macon which will be tough to win, but they did beat them the first time. LA looks much improved and significantly more mature than they did a month ago.

Smith barely escaped Cannon with a 55-52 W. Smith is so hard to figure out. One night they look like a team that belongs in Murfreesboro and the next they look like they can't get out of the region. As for Cannon, their losing streak now reaches nine games. They have lost a lot of close ones. They obviouusly have trouble closing out games, but they will improve on that as they gain more expirience.

Couldn't agree more on Smith... They seem to play at the level of their competition at times. LA is coming on strong at the right time. I think LA and Smith are both two teams no one really expected to be where they are. Can they survive the second time through district schedule is the question?