District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

I understand that I am a little late to the party, but I decided to throw in my two cents before the season starts tomorrow. Based on the past few years, here are my predictions for the district. Feel free to pick apart and question whatever you like.

1. Upperman- the way they shoot + the big kid from Clay County. Should be a good year.

2. Macon County- This is my ballsy pick. The are returning a lot and had solid athletic guard play this yar. Could have trouble stopping the big posts though.

3. York- Would put them higher because of Blevens, but their guards are just no good. They lost to Central Magnet last year. That tells me that this team isn't focused enough to be great.

4. Livingston- They will be a force on the perimeter, but losing Eldrige down low will be a blow. One thing I've leaned- never count out Livingston.

5. Smith- This team is young and good. They are one year away from exploding into a championship contender.

6. Cannon- They will be down this year after graduating the scoring prowess from last year. They will always give teams trouble with their multiple devensive looks though.

7. Central Magnet- Call me crazy! But Central has gained some good, young guard play and has looked descent in the summer and pre-season. The could split with Cannon and/or Dekalb this year.

8. Dekalb- If there is any hope for this team, please let me know.

Edited by ThatRadioGuy

ThatRadioGuy, I don't mean to downplay Central but what have they done to not deserve 8th place? Just saying...finished last every year and we have no reason to expect otherwise this year. 

Don't get me wrong...I like a good upset as the next guy but do you really think Central could move out of the cellar this year? 

• Upvote 1

I understand that I am a little late to the party, but I decided to throw in my two cents before the season starts tomorrow. Based on the past few years, here are my predictions for the district. Feel free to pick apart and question whatever you like.

1. Upperman- the way they shoot + the big kid from Clay County. Should be a good year.

2. Macon County- This is my ballsy pick. The are returning a lot and had solid athletic guard play this yar. Could have trouble stopping the big posts though.

3. York- Would put them higher because of Blevens, but their guards are just no good. They lost to Central Magnet last year. That tells me that this team isn't focused enough to be great.

4. Livingston- They will be a force on the perimeter, but losing Eldrige down low will be a blow. One thing I've leaned- never count out Livingston.

5. Smith- This team is young and good. They are one year away from exploding into a championship contender.

6. Cannon- They will be down this year after graduating the scoring prowess from last year. They will always give teams trouble with their multiple devensive looks though.

7. Central Magnet- Call me crazy! But Central has gained some good, young guard play and has looked descent in the summer and pre-season. The could split with Cannon and/or Dekalb this year.

8. Dekalb- If there is any hope for this team, please let me know.

Who is the guy from Clay County for Upperman?