District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

Blevins is the best player in this district. He's the MVP. I don't even think it should be in question. Just like Coach Sanders is the COY. No question. Why is Blevins the MVP? 2 reasons IMO.

#1 what do opposing coaches do to stop him or Slow him down? How much focus does he get in every teams game plan? How much do other teams have to focus on his teammates?----and this isn't a dig on his teammates at all. He has several good role player teammates but no one else that can just take over and win a game like he can.

#2 by other people on this threads admission there are 4 people at Upperman averaging a double double. There are also at least two people at smith county that are being mentioned in the MVP talk. How many others would be mentioned as first team all district (possibly even 2nd team all district) from York? If the answer is 0 and that team is competing for district wins most nights, then Blevins has to be the MVP right?

i think #3 would be in that conversation. york is 6-6 with a lot of talent. no one is stepping up and taking over. as for coy i think worsley at magnet has to be in that conversation. last yr 3-27 (1-13) this yr 15-8 (5-6) potentially 7-7.

i think #3 would be in that conversation. york is 6-6 with a lot of talent. no one is stepping up and taking over. as for coy i think worsley at magnet has to be in that conversation. last yr 3-27 (1-13) this yr 15-8 (5-6) potentially 7-7.

I agree, COY should go to Smith or Magnet's coach. Both are very deserving.

MVP should be exactly that, Most Valuable Player. Tell me who is more valuable than Blevins.

If they threw every kid in the district in a draft for this season, every coach in the district would take Blevins first. No question.

My question is who should be Defensive Player of the Year?

Blevins wouldn't go first in an 8AA draft. IMO. Make the kid play defense and he's neutralized, you can have 42 and lose and play great but scoring points isn't the only ingredient in being the best player.

I'm taking the kid from SC. He attacks the rim and does winning things on the court and makes the most of his frame and wants it. He's the best all around player in this district, maybe not the best college prospect because he's not 6'8.

As far as the tournament goes, the two best teams could go home in the district tournament, that's how close this really is. Time will tell.

Edited by bustin55