District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

When was endicott triple team? Not sure I seen that? He is 6'8" and blew atleast 5-8 lay ups lol... Fast break lay ups I'm sure he wasn't triple then? Point blank period... 1 Shepperson 2 Guffey 3 Blevins top 3 no order any of these three could win it... To be honest.. I feel like if Macon beats sc and uhs beats Livingston Thursday, guffey wins if they lose and sc wins Shepperson to get mvp

Edited by TheRealKing

When was endicott triple team? Not sure I seen that? He is 6'8" and blew atleast 5-8 lay ups lol... Fast break lay ups I'm sure he wasn't triple then? Point blank period... 1 Shepperson 2 Guffey 3 Blevins top 3 no order any of these three could win it... To be honest.. I feel like if Macon beats sc and uhs beats Livingston Thursday, guffey wins if they lose and sc wins Shepperson to get mvp

No, JE wasn't tripled on the layups (and he did miss some).  I was referring to the set offense.

I don't think our perimeter players are mediocre at all, but there have been numerous posts that state all York has is Blevins and everybody else is average.

If Upperman has all these shooters, a 6-8 post and didn't need Guffey to have a great game to win, and Shepperson has Huff and King who can carry Smith when they need to regardless what Shepperson does, then how honestly can either be MVP if they both can have off or so-so games and their teams be successful.

Far as that goes an argument could be made that Martin at Cannon is more valuable to his team than either Guffey or Shepperson is to theirs.

As far as doubling the post goes, nobody does it if they don't have to.

Edited by tnhoosier

If Smith and Upperman win out then the 1 seed is Smith. Upperman loss to York pushes them to the 2 seed in the record vs. top teams.

Smith losses vs.Upperman, Livingston, Macon

Upperman losses vs. Smith, Livingston, York

That is if Macon wins 1 out of the final 2 games. If York wins out then they would jump Macon in the standings which would make Upperman the 1 seed.

SC looked very tight last night and Upperman played very loose/well. Still think these are the best two teams in the district, but both can be beat Thursday night if they do not play well (that could really be a mess with the standings). The tournament is going to be fun, and the bye is going to be big for someone. 

If Smith and Upperman win out then the 1 seed is Smith. Upperman loss to York pushes them to the 2 seed in the record vs. top teams.

Smith losses vs.Upperman, Livingston, Macon

Upperman losses vs. Smith, Livingston, York

If Macon finishes above York then Upperman wins that tie breaker.  Macon has to lose both games and York has to win both games for York to win the tie breaker with Macon.  There is still a scenario that Macon could finish first.

Unless 8AA does it differently then anyone else, in the case of a head to head for, a coin flip determines the winner. If there is a 3 way tie (which is still possible I would say with the mess this district is in), then it's a 3 way coin flip. Odd man out would be bottom seed, etc.

They are doing head to head record first

Record against the next highest seeds second working their way down

If there is still a tie then it will be a coin toss

That is how it was explained to me

If Macon finishes above York then Upperman wins that tie breaker.  Macon has to lose both games and York has to win both games for York to win the tie breaker with Macon.  There is still a scenario that Macon could finish first.

Why do you think Upperman would win the tie breaker if Macon finishes above York? York would be a worse loss than Macon in this scenario giving Smith the 1 seed. You are correct that Macon could finish in a tie for 1st place. Macon would not get the 1 seed because they were swept by Upperman.

"Listen, Both Guffey and Shepperson are very good players.

VictoryFormation talked about Guffey getting denied 25 ft from the basket. That is one player guarding him. Shepperson is very talented, especially for his size, but for the most part is played straight up. Blevins faces at least a double team EVERY time he touches the ball.

I am not trying to diminish either player, but Guffey had two respectable games, but neither were eye opening against York and they're so called "mediocre" perimeter players. Shepperson had one average game and one stellar game against York but was never doubled (maybe in hindsight we should have in the one last week!).

Just feel like Blevins has much more resistance in every game to face than the other two do, and it's not even close imo.

Hope King's injury isn't serious. He is a very good player."

Livingston didn't double team him. They couldn't, the threat from 3 was too dangerous. The MVP should go to the best player, on the best team and York is definitely not that. I could see the case for Guffey with Upperman. I just think it's wrong that Blevins gets all this hype because he's a 6'8 shooter, and people think he's the greatest thing this district has ever seen and yes he's good, very good but he plays on a middle of the pack district team. The MVP should take a mediocre team and make them better than 6-6 in the district, without him their still probably 6-6. You take Shepperson away from Smith County and they probably aren't 1st in the district. But he makes that impact. He's the most valuable player on the best team, not the most valuable player on the 5th place team in the district. That's the difference.