Preseason favorites in single A ( Which districts are strong this year)

gwh

Miss Allen didn't struggle too much again Bouldin tonight. I don't see why any other team will be that big of a struggle. Van Buren tried it with those fake falls but luckily they didn't work that many times. I suspect Pickett co will try that fake falling/foul stuff as well.

Top 5 teams in 9 a would handle Jackson co.

I think that Allen herself silenced you last night. 17 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals. She was the main target of Van Buren defense, and it didn't work. Also, we should be talking about how she shut Bouldin down in the first two quarters, keeping her to 6 points i believe. I saw a nasty push in the back by Bouldin to Allen, and I was highly disappointed, but no matter, in roughly three quarters of play, Allen led a great scoring team. Sherrill had 17, and three others were in double digits I believe!

No doubt Allen is a great player I am not trying to take that away from her by any means. Just a strong guard that can get through the screens and not let her penetrate will give Jackson huge issues. I have watched it play out twice this year. The key here is a strong guard that will hustle the whole game because Allen will beat you if you don't match her effort. I am sorry if you misunderstood me Allen is great but there are just not enough scorers at Jackson.

No doubt Allen is a great player I am not trying to take that away from her by any means. Just a strong guard that can get through the screens and not let her penetrate will give Jackson huge issues. I have watched it play out twice this year. The key here is a strong guard that will hustle the whole game because Allen will beat you if you don't match her effort. I am sorry if you misunderstood me Allen is great but there are just not enough scorers at Jackson.

Jackson Co.  Sherrill 17-Burgess 14-Flynn 12-Allen 17 vs VBC Bouldin 15 . How many does that add up to, players in double figures? 3 pt goals: JCHS -Flynn2-Sherrell4  VBC-Christian2- Cole1.  Sherrill normally plays post or power forward.

Edited by jimbo44

I was at the JC vs VB game. The VB girls looked extremely out of shape and lazy play. Not the desire to win loose balls or win period. JC dominated a very weak display of basketball by VB. I was disappointed. I did see the shove that Bouldin gave to Allen, I think frustration on her part being shut down. When they meet again it will be the same outcome. After looking at the schedules of both teams I am going to say that VB will have the better record when they meet again because VB has an extremely weak strength of schedule. Bouldin can't carry all the weight this year. At this point I don't see another threat on the floor for VB. Best of luck to both teams this season. -+

• Upvote 1

Pickett Co has everyone back and was less than 2 minutes from beating unbeaten Union City last year in the state tournament. They were also up by 6 at the end of 3. They have 3 All State players plus another who as a freshman was as good as the others. No one else has 3 All State players coming back.

Aren't you the one that said a win is a win and a loss a loss. If your logic is right, JC got within a triple overtime of beating PC. Doesn't sound like they are heads and feet above JC after all.

Jackson Co.  Sherrill 17-Burgess 14-Flynn 12-Allen 17 vs VBC Bouldin 15 . How many does that add up to, players in double figures? 3 pt goals: JCHS -Flynn2-Sherrell4  VBC-Christian2- Cole1.  Sherrill normally plays post or power forward.

Then this would make one look at the quality of the opponent? The Jackson county team I watched several times this summer and fall looked offensively deficient. Time will tell the story; another commented on how bad VB looked. Wish Jackson Co the best and they will get second in their district, I still say top 4-5 teams in 9 A could beat them. I guess Jacksons district is just down a little. Spare me the history lesson I live in the present!

Then this would make one look at the quality of the opponent? The Jackson county team I watched several times this summer and fall looked offensively deficient. Time will tell the story; another commented on how bad VB looked. Wish Jackson Co the best and they will get second in their district, I still say top 4-5 teams in 9 A could beat them. I guess Jacksons district is just down a little. Spare me the history lesson I live in the present!

Guarantee you Pickett Co is NOT down. Van Buren went to the substate last year and have a Miss Basketball candidate back. JC is not down either.

Miss Allen didn't struggle too much again Bouldin tonight. I don't see why any other team will be that big of a struggle. Van Buren tried it with those fake falls but luckily they didn't work that many times. I suspect Pickett co will try that fake falling/foul stuff as well.

I have NEVER seen Pickett Co fake falls in 21 seasons. Your post is nonsense

The last time they played Pickett won 76-71 and it was no triple overtime. Sorry that facts trip you up.

HAHAHA, I love when people parade like they know facts when they clearly do not. Let me fill you in on some factual information. The last time that Jackson County played Pickett county was in the Livingston Academy gymnasium in the District 7a Semi-final. Jackson County was up by 3 with a matter of SECONDS left, when Jayna ferrell hit the lucky shot. Then, Allen and Flynn sent it into double and triple OT. Please, next time you try to accuse someone of not knowing their facts, do a little bit of research.