What is the best IFL game never played?

blazer1set

9 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Mur'vule vs.

Any Fulton team (before they started playing)

Ain't it funny how unstoppable all these teams are the years they don't happen to play Maryville of Alcoa?

Would not believe how much junk I hear about the 2014 Fulton team. Fulton lost to Alcoa in 09,10, 11,12. by a combined score of 134-22.

Then Fulton doesn't schedule Alcoa for two years and Magically they have these super teams that they claim no one could beat. Then they play Maryville and lose 49-18,45-29,41-12,35-20, 49-19 in five games.

IFL is the only victory they can get. Falcons are an endangered species in Blount County. :-) 

2 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Ain't it funny how unstoppable all these teams are the years they don't happen to play Maryville of Alcoa?

Would not believe how much junk I hear about the 2014 Fulton team. Fulton lost to Alcoa in 09,10, 11,12. by a combined score of 134-22.

Then Fulton doesn't schedule Alcoa for two years and Magically they have these super teams that they claim no one could beat. Then they play Maryville and lose 49-18,45-29,41-12,35-20, 49-19 in five games.

IFL is the only victory they can get. Falcons are an endangered species in Blount County. :-) 

I would say they are endangered species in Knox County too after getting rolled by Karns, but they beat OR.  lol

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Fulton vs Maryville did play in the IFL according Stefan Cooper in 2013.  Maryville won so Maryville is 1 win and whatever in the IFL.   " No doubt, Fulton is playing some awesome ball this season, but, in a Rebels vs. Falcons match, the numbers say Maryville, hands down. "

https://blountpressrow.com/2013/11/maryville-vs-fulton/

Edited by OldRebel2
  • Like 1

I've only seen Maryville play a few times, and that on TV, so I'm not very familiar with their history (just the general outline: they're good). I'd love to see one of the great Maryville 6A champions play one of the MBA teams from '66-'68. Obviously over the 50 year span, the styles of football are very different. Still, based on what I've seen of Maryville (and again, I acknowledge having seen very little Maryville football), they strike me very similar. Not really loaded with top college prospects or overpowering size, both were incredibly well-coached, highly disciplined, and unbelievably opportunistic. 

While we're at it, let's play two.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:48 AM, 32hammer said:

Ha! Truth!

Now.......Knox Central!:lol:

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 10:48 AM, 32hammer said:

My favorite was the first year Maryville played Fulton, a buddy of mine said that we waited until all their best talent cycled through before we picked them up and we were scared up until then. Even went farther to say we should have back out of a non-region game to play them in 2014. It would have been closer, but Maryville still wins by 2 TDs.

Edited by Solomon