Black Horse Invitational

HHSWR

Houston High School in Germantown, Tn has a last minute opening for the Black Horse Invitational Wrestling Tournament, December 6th and 7th. This is a double elimination tournament placing the top 8 in each weight class. Due to last minute changes, an opening in the tournament has developed. If interested contact Walt Holmes at holmesw@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us for further information.

Four time defending state champs.

Nationally ranked in the top 50.

Currently ranked #1 in the Southeast USA by Wrestling USA magazine. Here is the link http://www.wrestlingusa.com/02%20wusa%20we.../hsteamsse.html

They are a top notch program.

The guys at Houston do a bang up job of providing a quality event. Wrestle to eight places to give kids an extra match and actual photos of the champions on their brackets are just a few of the nice touches that Houston adds to their event. Visit their website for the Black Horse at http://www.houstonwrestling.org/blackhorseinvitational.html to see a copy of last year's brackets.

This oughta be good as usual.

Grissom (AL) & Brother Martin (LA) are both pretty solid.....and stay that way. I know Grissom finished 2nd last year at the Blackhorse and they brought a 2nd team that finished 10th. Bad thing is, they could have made a tighter race with BM because several of their starters (that helped them win the Alabama 6A State Championship by season's end) were on the 2nd team at the start of the season. Oh well...

I also got to see Centennial (TN) during the season last year and they weren't too bad either. The other teams I'm not too familiar with, but basing on the ones I do know --- this is a pretty tough tournament.

I hate Grissom. Do they still have those dopey haircuts, faces and stupid Hogan doll they all pray to? Gimme a break, leave your daughter alone Coach, she was hot, not anymore. Come to think of it, all those Grissom girlfriends (read sisters) were hot, but man I hated that team, and no, we didnt lose to them, we beat them. Urrrrrrr. Right there with Baylor.

The Stove(did you know I have something against Grissom)pipe aka The Holder

or is it "enchilada"?

hey, is Alabama still the worst of the 50 states in Freestyle rankings, participation, Fargo results, etc.???

So do they even have a state organization yet?

If they are as I remember them, being a state champ there is like a Baylor Coach winning a fashion contest. = It wouldnt happen anywhere else.

-The stove(sometimes blowing smoke)pipe aka The holder

[Edited by stovepipe on 11-20-02 11:03P]

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Thanks, luchador, for the backup! Hadn't noticed stovepipe's ranting on Grissom. ;) (Although, I have to agree with him on the Hogan doll thing. That's not inspirational --- it's just creepy....)

No, I don't like Grissom either --- and yes, I won (competing & coaching) more matches against them than I lost. However, I give full support to any Alabama team vs. any other state. Same as any Southeast team vs. any other region. They are said to be young again this year, so I'm anxious to see how they do at the Black Horse.

http://www.al.com/hswrestling/huntsvilleti...28164315482.xml

Where is there a list of the teams in this tournament! It is always good to get a ranked team here in Tennessee to match up against. Is McCallie, Bradley, Father Ryan, Baylor, Soddy, Clevleand, going to be there or even invited??? I think to get Tennessee on the map for a wrestling state we have to get the best at the Tournament and try to knock off these top ranked teams.