Hardin Valley 2-1 (1-0) @Dobyns-Bennett 3-1 (1-0)

Indian423

I'm not scared of Maryville or their little army on this forum. Big deal.

That play where Bedard got hurt tonight was definitely one where I (as well as the rest of the crowd) held my breath. I knew as soon as he went airborne that it wasn't going to end well. I understand he was simply trying to make a play and get in the endzone but he should've just lowered his shoulder there. He may or may not have scored but at least he wouldn't have been injured. The kid's a warrior though and I hate it for him that he did get hurt. I know for a fact that he was really looking forward to the game. You could tell as soon as he went out that every ounce of momentum the Toppers had was gone. The players kind of quit (which was disappointing to see) and the crowd didn't seem into it anymore as well. A very tough night for the Toppers.

With that said, I do believe the Indians can beat Maryville. If they can get their secondary up to speed they can absolutely win that game.

I hate to bring it to you, but with all due respect to your opinion and to DB (they're a tough team, I know), but Maryville will beat them handily. If SC can put up 41 on them, I will hate to see what Maryville could do.

Wow!! You do know how all the Maryville faithful are all gonna gang up on you now, don't you?

Anyways I was there too and the hill was moving the ball really good with Bedard. That play looked like the one a couple years ago when Chris Cook (DB) got his neck broke against Sevier County, very scary play. For DB to beat Maryville they need a secondary and they don't have one.

That score was 52-17 with 14 of those points coming against Maryville's three's. Bedard was in for one series. Maryville would of adjusted and shut him down. If they couldn't shut him down and he plays the whole game plus Maryville keeps their one's in the score would of ended up something like 90-28

I hate to bring it to you, but with all due respect to your opinion and to DB (they're a tough team, I know), but Maryville will beat them handily. If SC can put up 41 on them, I will hate to see what Maryville could do.

I guess we'll find out soon, won't we?

I think DB will be able to hang with them just fine IF they can get their secondary problems fixed.

I'm not scared of Maryville or their little army on this forum. Big deal.

That play where Bedard got hurt tonight was definitely one where I (as well as the rest of the crowd) held my breath. I knew as soon as he went airborne that it wasn't going to end well. I understand he was simply trying to make a play and get in the endzone but he should've just lowered his shoulder there. He may or may not have scored but at least he wouldn't have been injured. The kid's a warrior though and I hate it for him that he did get hurt. I know for a fact that he was really looking forward to the game. You could tell as soon as he went out that every ounce of momentum the Toppers had was gone. The players kind of quit (which was disappointing to see) and the crowd didn't seem into it anymore as well. A very tough night for the Toppers.

With that said, I do believe the Indians can beat Maryville. If they can get their secondary up to speed they can absolutely win that game.

After reading this post I am so beside myself I can actually look over and see me.

That score was 52-17 with 14 of those points coming against Maryville's three's. Bedard was in for one series. Maryville would of adjusted and shut him down. If they couldn't shut him down and he plays the whole game plus Maryville keeps their one's in the score would of ended up something like 90-28

SH's Defense was gassed in the 2nd quarter because after Bedard went out the Offense could not move the ball at all. SH's Defense looked very good on the first few series vs the Rebels. They were handling them just fine. It was only after Bedard went out and the Offense went 3 and out after 3 and out that the Defense just gave up. They were worn out and they quit. Bedard would've been able to extend drives to rest the Defense. Our 2nd and 3rd string QB's couldn't do that. 

Edited by TFL2001

Your dreamin DB is in trouble. By the third series SH offensive and defensive lines were worn out.

They were really big but no conditioning and you could tell.

You're absolutely right. SH's Defense was worn out in the 2nd quarter. The Offense wasn't far behind. It also doesn't help when so many players play both ways.

Sure DB can beat Maryville if a lot of things go really good.I'd say right now that Maryville is 4 plus touchdowns better if GQ calls off the dogs early.That's just how it is and it's nothing bad towards DB or the other teams in region 1,Maryville is just on a different level .

SH's Defense was gassed in the 2nd quarter because after Bedard went out the Offense could not move the ball at all. SH's Defense looked very good on the first few series vs the Rebels. They were handling them just fine. It was only after Bedard went out and the Offense went 3 and out after 3 and out that the Defense just gave up. They were worn out and they quit. Bedard would've been able to extend drives to rest the Defense. Our 2nd and 3rd string QB's couldn't do that. 

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!  JUST MAKE IT STOP!