Will Cookeville Blank the Blaze or will Blackman rebound

Blaze45

Cookeville posters are quite on this one. We faced them earlier and they do have a good team. Probably better than any in several years with several skill players. But, they do rely on one RB a whole lot and that's not always a good thing, when you face a good defense.

Not a lot to say. You're right we're gonna have to be able to throw the ball and have some other guys step up to have a chance. Can't just be VJ. I've wondered why they didn't get the ball to Gabe more anyway. He has 8 TD's on offense and really doesn't get many touches.

I know they're gonna try spread it around more tonight , we'll see what they've got up their sleeve.

Raining in Cookeville now looks like it's gonna be a wet one.

Not a lot to say. You're right we're gonna have to be able to throw the ball and have some other guys step up to have a chance. Can't just be VJ. I've wondered why they didn't get the ball to Gabe more anyway. He has 8 TD's on offense and really doesn't get many touches.

I know they're gonna try spread it around more tonight , we'll see what they've got up their sleeve.

Raining in Cookeville now looks like it's gonna be a wet one.

No disrespect, but I am hoping the sleeves are sewn shut...lol... I know that will not be the case because Maynard is a real good coach. But we are coming into tonight very hopeful

Got to stop a few minutes, and make my weekly Coacht visit.  I am very excited about this game. The Cavs get to see where they stack up against one of the best in the state (according to the last few years).  It is an opportunity to go out and compete, and see where the chips fall.  Many expect a blow out, some expect a hard fought game with Blackman prevailing in the end.  A very few expect a upset.  I don't know what to expect.  I do know rain or not, I will drop my 7 dollars off at the gate, get my pizza, and popcorn, and drink.  I will settle in at the top of the bleachers, and see what happens.  Hope everyone stays injury free.  Don't know who the wet field favors.  I think the Cavs will open it up a little more tonight,  Be interesting to see what unfolds.  Go Cavs.

PS-Why not give it to Vic until someone stops him?  Over 10 yards a carry is good!!

Got to stop a few minutes, and make my weekly Coacht visit.  I am very excited about this game. The Cavs get to see where they stack up against one of the best in the state (according to the last few years).  It is an opportunity to go out and compete, and see where the chips fall.  Many expect a blow out, some expect a hard fought game with Blackman prevailing in the end.  A very few expect a upset.  I don't know what to expect.  I do know rain or not, I will drop my 7 dollars off at the gate, get my pizza, and popcorn, and drink.  I will settle in at the top of the bleachers, and see what happens.  Hope everyone stays injury free.  Don't know who the wet field favors.  I think the Cavs will open it up a little more tonight,  Be interesting to see what unfolds.  Go Cavs.

PS-Why not give it to Vic until someone stops him?  Over 10 yards a carry is good!!

Great post. Blackman knows that this is going to be a tough tough tough  game, and they are going to have to play lights out ball if they want to have a shot to win. We don't expect to blow them out or get blown out, but it could go either way and we know that.I think the defensive line will decide alot of what happens  We just have to come ready to play our best ball. We are hoping for an injury free night on both sides of the field and are ready to get after it. I know sometimes passing in wet conditions becomes a little harder, and I halfway expect the field to be a muddy mess by end of the game. Coin toss...who knows ... See you at the game 

Go Blaze!!!!!!!

After watching some of Cookeville's games, I'm more optimistic about this being a good game than I would have been before the season. The Cavs are coached up well (which isn't a surprise given who their HC is) and I like the variety of ways in which they run the football; while they are conservative, they are hardly predictable.

No doubt Vic Johnson is a solid back, you don't put up those kind of numbers by accident. However, Upperman may very well be the best team Cookeville has played thys far, not a strong selling point when your a 6A team. Blackman possesses a very strong run defense, so this will be the first game that the entire Cookeville offense will be tested. They're going to have to throw for for at least 100-125 yards to have a chance of winning thus game.

Cookeville will be facing a Blackman offense with a chip in their shoulder after last week's performance against Oakland. Expect Blackman to revert back to made them successful the first 4 games: A heavy dose of Taeler Dowdy and Master Teague at TB, with efficient play from Miller Armstrong.

I think a wet field plays to Cookeville's advantage but it won't be enough. Blackman 38 Cookeville 20

After watching some of Cookeville's games, I'm more optimistic about this being a good game than I would have been before the season. The Cavs are coached up well (which isn't a surprise given who their HC is) and I like the variety of ways in which they run the football; while they are conservative, they are hardly predictable.

No doubt Vic Johnson is a solid back, you don't put up those kind of numbers by accident. However, Upperman may very well be the best team Cookeville has played thys far, not a strong selling point when your a 6A team. Blackman possesses a very strong run defense, so this will be the first game that the entire Cookeville offense will be tested. They're going to have to throw for for at least 100-125 yards to have a chance of winning thus game.

Cookeville will be facing a Blackman offense with a chip in their shoulder after last week's performance against Oakland. Expect Blackman to revert back to made them successful the first 4 games: A heavy dose of Taeler Dowdy and Master Teague at TB, with efficient play from Miller Armstrong.

I think a wet field plays to Cookeville's advantage but it won't be enough. Blackman 38 Cookeville 20

OK let me see if I can get your logic. You say Upperman is the best team Cookeville has played yet. Well just looking at scores Siegal put 30 on Oakland in that loss and Blackman could only muster 7 against Oakland. I would say that even with their record Siegal is the best team Cookeville has faced playing there starters not a rotation. No doubt Cookeville has a tough row to hoe to stand in with a team like Blackman but as pumped for this matchup as the Cavaliers are and being at home I would expect Cookeville will leave it all on the field. If they both play to their ability Blackman should win this one. I however expect the Cavaliers to play above and beyond what any of us expect and come out on top for this one!

OK let me see if I can get your logic. You say Upperman is the best team Cookeville has played yet. Well just looking at scores Siegal put 30 on Oakland in that loss and Blackman could only muster 7 against Oakland. I would say that even with their record Siegal is the best team Cookeville has faced playing there starters not a rotation. No doubt Cookeville has a tough row to hoe to stand in with a team like Blackman but as pumped for this matchup as the Cavaliers are and being at home I would expect Cookeville will leave it all on the field. If they both play to their ability Blackman should win this one. I however expect the Cavaliers to play above and beyond what any of us expect and come out on top for this one!

Upperman is a solid team. Siegel has a slightly above average offense and a TERRIBLE defense. Comparing scores is a dangerous business because you have no idea how Siegel came to score those 30. They also gave up 49, so what good did scoring 30 accomplish if you still lost by 3 scores.

Cookeville should be pumped for thus game. Unbeaten on their own field against Blackman in conditions that favor them. It's a huge test for the Cavs; they win this game and they prove to the rest of the state that they are for real