Final games pending so who's trending up/down?

Playerscoach

Lots of good region games these last two weeks. I looked at some schedules and it's going to tell a lot about teams. It's great preparation for the playoffs.

BigG and his CPA team have very tough games with Page, USN and FRA. CPA has the talent and coaching to win all of these.

Ensworth has five games against very good teams. They will be tested but can they keep rolling? Some say it's their year but these games will be very tough.

FRA plays BGA and CPA. They are trending upward IMO. Early season injuries may have caused them to start slowly and a crazy game against USN is not reflective of how that team is playing right now. This team is as dangerous of a team in the state for Div IIA with Hunt controlling the middle and leading the attack. It's murderers row of them, BGA and USN in the middle district of Div IIA.

BGA has five games against top 10 teams. French is one of the states elite players so she gives them a chance in every game. This very difficult stretch will have them battle tested for the playoffs.

My DCA lady cats play MLK and Knox Webb. MLK's "Great Wall" on the back line will cause the young cats problems. Especially considering some growing pains they have had during the second half of the season. Webb is Webb. They are the class of the middle-east division and the big favorites to repeat.

Wish you all good luck and hope you enjoy watching the games as much as I do.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of good region games these last two weeks. I looked at some schedules and it's going to tell a lot about teams. It's great preparation for the playoffs.

BigG and his CPA team have very tough games with Page, USN and FRA. CPA has the talent and coaching to win all of these.

Ensworth has five games against very good teams. They will be tested but can they keep rolling? Some say it's their year but these games will be very tough.

FRA plays BGA and CPA. They are trending upward IMO. Early season injuries may have caused them to start slowly and a crazy game against USN is not reflective of how that team is playing right now. This team is as dangerous of a team in the state for Div IIA with Hunt controlling the middle and leading the attack. It's murderers row of them, BGA and USN in the middle district of Div IIA.

BGA has five games against top 10 teams. French is one of the states elite players so she gives them a chance in every game. This very difficult stretch will have them battle tested for the playoffs.

My DCA lady cats play MLK and Knox Webb. MLK's "Great Wall" on the back line will cause the young cats problems. Especially considering some growing pains they have had during the second half of the season. Webb is Webb. They are the class of the middle-east division and the big favorites to repeat.

Wish you all good luck and hope you enjoy watching the games as much as I do.

CPA is trending neither up nor down in my opinion. Still solid.

BGA= trending up, definite title contender again.

USN= trending way up, frontrunner to win the state tournament in their classification.

White House= trending way up, shaky start and looking impressive now. WH-Heritage better watch out for the Lady Devils in their district.

MLK= neither up nor down.

Page= MOST IMPRESSIVE TRENDING UP TEAM! CPA will be tested tonight BIG time.

FRA= definitely trending up! Another title contender.

DCA= neutral. Better soccer in the upcoming years for these girls.

*These are some of the teams you mentioned in your post. Obviously, this is just one outsider's perspective.

CPA is trending neither up nor down in my opinion. Still solid.

BGA= trending up, definite title contender again.

USN= trending way up, frontrunner to win the state tournament in their classification.

White House= trending way up, shaky start and looking impressive now. WH-Heritage better watch out for the Lady Devils in their district.

MLK= neither up nor down.

Page= MOST IMPRESSIVE TRENDING UP TEAM! CPA will be tested tonight BIG time.

FRA= definitely trending up! Another title contender.

DCA= neutral. Better soccer in the upcoming years for these girls.

*These are some of the teams you mentioned in your post. Obviously, this is just one outsider's perspective.

Good stuff! The race between FRA , BGA and USN is crazy. It's akin to the Williamson county schools being so competitive and able to challenge for the title.

I disagree about USN being the front runner now. I know I've been on their bandwagon all year but the BGA game showed what French could do. She was head and shoulders the best player on the field that night IMO. There were plenty of good players but she stood out. One of those three is going to play for the title IMO.

BTW I really like WH. They have a very large number of good freshmen players. Probably the deepest class of the teams I'm familiar with including Franklin, Ravenwood and DCA. We have seven freshmen that are nice HS players and WH has more than that. I'm not saying DCA has any world beaters just that it's a big class with better than average "HS" players. No bragging here Booger 🌼 so don't start. ðŸ‘

Edited by Playerscoach

CPA 3

Page 1

Good game.  I think Page started off stronger than us (a bit of nervousness and anxiety from the loss from last year's district semi game).  We persevered through the first 10 minutes and settled down.  We scored 2 and ended the half 2-0.

Beginning of the second half, Page was awarded a PK, but missed.  Shortly after, CPA was awarded a PK, as well.  The ref saw that is was a breakaway "last defender" foul and showed her a straight red.  Both PK calls were warranted, though the card was a tough call.  

We scored the PK and went up 3-0 at that point.  In the last 10-15 Page applied more pressure as they pushed forward.  We got called for a foul, and they rocked a shot, a girl followed, our keeper saved the second shot as well, and then they put the third one in.  Great hustle play.  Page's free kicks are deadly.

Game ended 3-1.

Page is a solid team with a quality coach.   

CPA 3

Page 1

Good game. I think Page started off stronger than us (a bit of nervousness and anxiety from the loss from last year's district semi game). We persevered through the first 10 minutes and settled down. We scored 2 and ended the half 2-0.

Beginning of the second half, Page was awarded a PK, but missed. Shortly after, CPA was awarded a PK, as well. The ref saw that is was a breakaway "last defender" foul and showed her a straight red. Both PK calls were warranted, though the card was a tough call.

We scored the PK and went up 3-0 at that point. In the last 10-15 Page applied more pressure as they pushed forward. We got called for a foul, and they rocked a shot, a girl followed, our keeper saved the second shot as well, and then they put the third one in. Great hustle play. Page's free kicks are deadly.

Game ended 3-1.

Page is a solid team with a quality coach.

Very good win. Talked to Brandy about CPA today. She takes care of those two freshmen. Which, btw, Larry said Molly had the game winner vs MLK with almost no time left. Good for her. She's scrappy. Faith drilled her in our game and she was hot!! Larry and I laughed. Also, I told my daughter you were on here and she said to tell you she was sorry for taking so much time the last 15 minutes of our game with goal kicks and throw ins. She was so frustrated with her teammates running to take throw ins and not getting the ball out on kicks that she slowed the game down and walked from AM to take all the kicks. Lol

Keep up the good work! Best of luck to you and your kids.

Playerscoach, went to DCA on Friday to watch the CAK vs. DCA football game. That was the first time I have been on the campus. What an incredible soccer field!!

Thank you. Its still coming in from the sprigs planted in May. We extended the field to make it 120 x 70 and will be changing out the fencing to stone columns with iron fencing. The practice field behind it is also being expanded to regualtion and theyll make use of the remaining 15 acres in the long term plans. Additionally, the benches will move to the south side and a stadium is being built. Our headmaster understands the importance of having a strong soccer program. Hiring Coach Smith and the focus on facilities are great steps. Especially considering the area we are located.

Wish the CAK game was better but they had some impressive size on both lines. We kinda shot ourselves in the foot with some things but they were a much much better team. I called Omer and told him I thought you guys would handle them and that our tailbacks, when they had holes, ran well. Chris actually graduated from DCA with me so we talk quite a bit.

See you next September on campus for what we hope is another game we can keep close. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff! The race between FRA , BGA and USN is crazy. It's akin to the Williamson county schools being so competitive and able to challenge for the title.

I disagree about USN being the front runner now. I know I've been on their bandwagon all year but the BGA game showed what French could do. She was head and shoulders the best player on the field that night IMO. There were plenty of good players but she stood out. One of those three is going to play for the title IMO.

BTW I really like WH. They have a very large number of good freshmen players. Probably the deepest class of the teams I'm familiar with including Franklin, Ravenwood and DCA. We have seven freshmen that are nice HS players and WH has more than that. I'm not saying DCA has any world beaters just that it's a big class with better than average "HS" players. No bragging here Booger so don't start.

Not sure where you are getting your information:  BGA's French has been injured all season and never stepped onto the field against USN.  Whether BGA gets her back in any significant capacity before the end of the season remains to be seen.

Edited by RedDevilsManU

Not sure where you are getting your information: BGA's French has been injured all season and never stepped onto the field against USN. Whether BGA gets her back in any significant capacity before the end of the season remains to be seen.

You sure she didnt play in the regular season game? I was told she played against USN in the regular season game by a USN/TSC parent. If she disnt I passed along bad info. I apologize.

I hate that for her because that makes two years in a row with injuries. Rob Mitchell is a good friend so I should have called him to verify.

I just did call him and left a message. Maybe I"ll call Adelines dad Ross since we've know other for 25 years? Anyway, BGA has some good young players so this should be a fun game.

BGAs youth vs DCAs youth. DCA with six freshmen starters and possibly the best out with an ACL tear. Watching the two center mids try to control the pace is going to be exciting. Good luck!!

Edited by Playerscoach

French's little sister has been playing all season long for BGA to my knowledge.  

Older sister, on the other hand, played none during the regular season.  I only posted after reading a post that she "was head and shoulders the best player on the field that night" against USN, sounding like a first-hand account of a situation I knew to be false. Sorry if I misunderstood your original post. 

It does look like she is beginning to get some very limited minutes now. First game back was not until postseason and she has not played against USN yet this year.  But I am sure that having her in any kind of (limited) capacity is a welcomed sight for BGA. 

Edited by RedDevilsManU