Bradley Central 4-2 (1-2) @ the Fred. Dobyns-Bennett 4-2 (2-1)

Indian423

It doesn't have anything to do with the level of competition and has everything to do with the level of coaching. The old "padding wins against Central and Volunteer" saying has been debunked 100 times now and people still try to float it. It's coaching plain and simple. DB dominated the Big East conference and there were no Centrals and Volunteers. We had a good coaching staff. Today we have a couple of good coaches and that's it. The coaching on the defense side (all aspects) is as bad as I have ever seen on any level. I would be so embarrassed I would quit and move to a different country. 42 points should be enough to beat anybody. Does anybody really think Copeland would of had the night he had if Watson was still the DC?  I could round up a couple guys that paint houses and outcoach these clowns.

My guess is he probably doesn't feel like reading the crap that will come after another disappointment. If you have a kid playing, it's easy to drink the kool-aid, but it hurts 10 times as much to see this happen, big time in the playoffs. Today, only someone on the payroll or a relative can take anything positive from last night.The last couple of weeks is a reality check to where things are and the work that has to be done.There is a reason I'm not drinking the kool-aid , nor will I be.I just hate it for the kids and those coaches that I respect in the program.

Don't edit my posts!

He/She sure didn't mind laying it on thick. So sorry for his/her disappointment.

Careful.... DB fans get very sensitive whenever somebody mentions: 1) 1-and-done  or 2) # state titles.

For the record, since 1990 DB has been bounced in round 1 only 9 times, so it's not like it happens that often:

1990 DB 15 Morristown West 18 1991 DB 12 Jefferson County 13 1995 DB 13 Farragut 23 2001 DB 19 William Blount 26 2005 DB 17 Ooltewah 20 2006 DB 10 William Blount 13 2008 DB 24 McMinn County 28 2009 DB 0 Maryville 41 2013 DB 17 Morristown East 27

Yes. But, DB had 15 10-0 or 9-1 seasons in those years and expectations had to be sky high. In 9 of those seasons they lost in the 1st or 2nd round and made the semis only once, I believe. That has to be frustrating.

Yes. But, DB had 15 10-0 or 9-1 seasons in those years and expectations had to be sky high. In 9 of those seasons they lost in the 1st or 2nd round and made the semis only once, I believe. That has to be frustrating.

.....and DB still has a better playoff record than any of the other Tri-Cities teams. That must be frustrating for them as well.

Just wanna know where did DB get these refs from? Rhea and McMinn has nothing on those refs. That was really pitiful. Really hope coach Floyd reports them jackasses Monday morning.

DB doesn't choose the refs. No school in the state of Tennessee chooses the refs for any game. From what I've seen refs in this state are equally bad in every game. There are some good ones but an equal number of bad ones. They were probably just tired from running up and down the field trying to keep up with your offense last night.

DB doesn't choose the refs. No school in the state of Tennessee chooses the refs for any game. From what I've seen refs in this state are equally bad in every game. There are some good ones but an equal number of bad ones. They were probably just tired from running up and down the field trying to keep up with your offense last night.

It was awful. They did have a few bad calls on y'all well, but they must have really hated us lol.

Guest footballfan100

I actually traveled to kingsport last night to watch the game knowing it would be a good game, better than ours anyways. I wasn't disappointed for sure. What has happened to the defense for you guys batman? Over 1100 yards in 2 weeks? I was shocked at how easy BC was able to continue to pass, been a longggggg time since I've seen a team just forsake a running game. And I was completely shocked that no adjustments were made at halftime at db.

It was awful. They did have a few bad calls on y'all well, but they must have really hated us lol.

I seem to remember SH getting the same feeling on home cooking refs when we left BC earlier this year. That game was the worst officiating I had seen in 10+ years. Just have to shake your head move on and overcome...