Brentwood Academy versus MBA

baylorbigdog1976

Huge game in D2 this Friday. I do not have a great feel for this game. The only common opponent is Pope John Paul - which tells me nothing about this game. BA will need to limit the turnovers and stop the run. BA's offense has seemed out of sync at times this year but they have also at times looked terrific.....The defense has played well with the exception of one quarter against trinity where they were gassed and a quarter and a half against Baylor.

I watched MBA played HT and was impressed with what I saw but have not seen enough to make a call. MBA's quarterback killed BA last year in a high scoring track meet . My guess is MBA is not quite as good as last year and BA is better when they limit mistakes.

I haven't seen MBA this year - is their QB the same as last year?  I thought the QB last year was a senior.  And yes, he killed BA last year; he was very good with his feet and arm.  MBA's RB is a stud.  Doesn't sound like anyone has contained him yet this year.  

Looking forward to this matchup.  It could decide who has to go to Memphis for a semi-final game (which BA should hope to avoid like the plague).

Sadly Cole Euverard is now at the Naval Academy and is dearly missed.  MBA has struggled to find consistency in the passing game this season.  They have leaned heavily on Ty Chandler (think Ensworth during the Elder years).  The two backs who back him up and get some carries are also very good--makes you wish they could figure out a way to get them all on the field together somehow.

My guess is that MBA will stick with the run and hope that's good enough to come away with the win...the defense had better come to play because after watching the BA-Ens game, it's pretty clear that BA is clicking right now with a lot of great players on offense.

There will be a line for the whirlpools Saturday AM because these are two huge, physical lines.

Always a great atmosphere at BA; can't remember the last time (if ever) these two have met this late in the season with good seasons underway.  Seems like over the years we have played early on.  One of those nights that if you love HS football, you should check out.

• Upvote 1

Two very good teams that play above normal high school ball.  This is big time.  Each team has the best O-line in terms of size and execution I have seen in a while.  Further, each team has players on each side of the ball that do not make mistakes. This is more exciting than the UT-Fla rivalry to me. 

BA has been the best team by far on paper all year.  Now they are proving it on the field.

MBA is one dimensional (Chandler) and has been over rated all year.  They have played a weak schedule and weren't prepared to play a top caliber team tonight.  I would not be surprised to see them lose to Baylor and possibly even Ensworth, who is getting better every week and always has RB at the helm.

The race is for the silver ball, and it's a tossup.  CBHS and MUS will be in the mix and, from what  I have seen, may be favored over anybody in Middle/East.  Won't know who's the best in the West until the final game this month.  IF MUS is healthy and especially has Tim Hart playing again - he's been out since Sept 4 - MUS is slightly better on balance.

I agree with you. Still a long ways to go. BA stacked the box tonight and with the exception of one drive MBA had trouble moving the ball

BA has been the best team by far on paper all year. Now they are proving it on the field.

MBA is one dimensional (Chandler) and has been over rated all year. They have played a weak schedule and weren't prepared to play a top caliber team tonight. I would not be surprised to see them lose to Baylor and possibly even Ensworth, who is getting better every week and always has RB at the helm.

The race is for the silver ball, and it's a tossup. CBHS and MUS will be in the mix and, from what I have seen, may be favored over anybody in Middle/East. Won't know who's the best in the West until the final game this month. IF MUS is healthy and especially has Tim Hart playing again - he's been out since Sept 4 - MUS is slightly better on balance.

I have to say, of all the great athletes that have walked the halls of BA, I'm not sure if when its all said and done that Oatsvall won't be at or near the top of the list...football and basketball. That guy is just unreal. Credit to him and the BA receivers who just kept making plays all game long. Every time MBA had a favorable down/distance they converted. Man can this BA team put up points quickly.

Great atmosphere at BA slightly dampened by rainy conditions. Still great setting for a great rivalry.

Proud of MBA and the kids for fighting until the end. Last year was a great year and next year could be another great year. Will build on nights like this one.

I have to say, of all the great athletes that have walked the halls of BA, I'm not sure if when its all said and done that Oatsvall won't be at or near the top of the list...football and basketball. That guy is just unreal. Credit to him and the BA receivers who just kept making plays all game long. Every time MBA had a favorable down/distance they converted. Man can this BA team put up points quickly.

Great atmosphere at BA slightly dampened by rainy conditions. Still great setting for a great rivalry.

Proud of MBA and the kids for fighting until the end. Last year was a great year and next year could be another great year. Will build on nights like this one.

Oatsvall is definitely a special athlete and a probable Mr Football winner

Oatsvall is definitely a special athlete and a probable Mr Football winner

Thats hyperbole fella. Good athlete and basketball player. Better arm talent left the school years ago because of the "connections" JO had in the school.

His flair in basketball draws attention to himself sometimes.

He has less talent than Knox did and isnt skilled enough to play at an SEC school unless he improves a ton.

Edited by Playerscoach