The Original Battle Of The Boro Oakland Riverdale

warrior82dad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ...so with this new everybodys in playoff system I am a little lost. What happens if Riverdale wins? Oakland Smyrna and Blackman all have the same record... we have the tie braker over riverdale because we beat them , but Oakland beat us... How would that play out ?

It's all about home field...you could see upto 3 county teams with first round home games depending on what happens in the other side of the region.

Ok ...so with this new everybodys in playoff system I am a little lost. What happens if Riverdale wins? Oakland Smyrna and Blackman all have the same record... we have the tie braker over riverdale because we beat them , but Oakland beat us... How would that play out ?

Got alot of games to go before you have to worry about that. Cookeville will have a chance as well. That being said, Oakland is going to be the favorite in all 3 games so this becomes irrelevant if they win out

Edited by MidTennFootball

After seeing Oakland play Friday night I have to say their defense is for real. They held a fast Haywood team to minus 23 yards rushing. If there is a weakness on defense if would have to be in the secondary and over the middle. They seem to be venerable there. Stopping the run Oakland run will be a tough task as they throw 5 different backs at you from all angles. If the Warriors have any chance in this game the deep ball will have to be working and the coaching staff will have to do some things we haven't seen yet this year. If they try and force that standard off tackle runs it will be a long night for the Tribe..

This game is always a tough battle just b/c of the history! The kids raised in the Boro all know this from their families and growing up watching these games year after year. With that said I think it will be hard hitting game but the Warriors for reasons we'll just say are discussed all to often on here have fallen from the haydays  of greatness in the past to mediocrity. The Patriots just too much in the end run away late! The final...  Oakland 38  Riverdale 26

This game is always a tough battle just b/c of the history! The kids raised in the Boro all know this from their families and growing up watching these games year after year. With that said I think it will be hard hitting game but the Warriors for reasons we'll just say are discussed all to often on here have fallen from the haydays  of greatness in the past to mediocrity. The Patriots just too much in the end run away late! The final...  Oakland 38  Riverdale 26

Coming from a Blackman faithful your statement is a little condescending since the rise of Blackman came out of the direct rezoning taking players from the Riverdale system and putting them into Blackman. Just remember a season or two doesn't make a program. Talk to us when you get a couple of gold balls.