Bearden and Farragut in State Finals

K2ruth

Bearden and Farragut have a clear path to the state tournament and maybe the state finals. Chesney is clearly the best player to ever play at Bearden, and maybe in the state. If they will get out of her way she will lead her supporting cast a long way.

Farragut is the gold standard.

Should be fun

Wouldn't it be fun if the Bearden coach let his superstar play all six positions so the two best players in Knoxville could go against each other for all six rotations. That is where his inexperience got Bearden beat in districts. He is too timid to unleash his super star.

• 2 weeks later...

Bearden and Farragut have a clear path to the state tournament and maybe the state finals. Chesney is clearly the best player to ever play at Bearden, and maybe in the state. If they will get out of her way she will lead her supporting cast a long way.

Farragut is the gold standard.

Should be fun

Apparently, Farragut is not quite the gold standard you thought. Bearden is home early too.

Why would anyone assume that their small area rules? There is a reason Barbara Campbell has won so many championships and it has little to do with club "coaches" who have no idea of how to win decade after decade. Quit drinking the koolaid k2ruth and be around the game for 20 years before you tell everyone who is the greatest of all time.

• Upvote 2

You know, I watched a little of Bearden and Franklin and I really didn't see anyone I thought to be a superstar. It is amusing to see all the propaganda put out by club originated posts and then see how it pans out at state. There are good and bad coaches in both club and high school. And it takes six players to make a team. Superstar or not, one player can't win if she doesn't have a little help. Just some club coach justifying her coaching fee but a ridiculous remark.

Since I must plead ignorance to this, I have a question about Brentwood.  I am not trying to take anything away from their program and their amazing history, but what percentage of their players play club volleyball?  Maybe pitting club vs. HS and vice versa is the wrong way to see things.  Quite possibly it is a combination of all the opportunities our kids have that make them the people/players that they are.  They can be taught at the club level and the high school level.  As I have said before, I have seen bad and good coaches at both the club and high school level.  Neither has a monopoly on that!  Congratulations to all of the State winners and all the teams that made it there.  An accomplishment for all.

Since I must plead ignorance to this, I have a question about Brentwood.  I am not trying to take anything away from their program and their amazing history, but what percentage of their players play club volleyball?  Maybe pitting club vs. HS and vice versa is the wrong way to see things.  Quite possibly it is a combination of all the opportunities our kids have that make them the people/players that they are.  They can be taught at the club level and the high school level.  As I have said before, I have seen bad and good coaches at both the club and high school level.  Neither has a monopoly on that!  Congratulations to all of the State winners and all the teams that made it there.  An accomplishment for all.

Most play club ball, but not all. Their best player last year, Jenny Roy did not as she was also a basketball star and now plays hoops for Belmont. I am 99% sure their outstanding libero this year did not play club last year and I think even the year before that. I also don't think their DS played club last year. But again, most of their girls do play club. Brentwood is a destination program right now whether they are moving in or getting grandfathered in. There is an amazing amount of talent in the freshman class. They are going to be real good for a while longer.

Most play club ball, but not all. Their best player last year, Jenny Roy did not as she was also a basketball star and now plays hoops for Belmont. I am 99% sure their outstanding libero this year did not play club last year and I think even the year before that. I also don't think their DS played club last year. But again, most of their girls do play club. Brentwood is a destination program right now whether they are moving in or getting grandfathered in. There is an amazing amount of talent in the freshman class. They are going to be real good for a while longer.

Agreed.  I know 3 families who are looking to move into the Brentwood district because of the school and the volleyball program.  All of the girls in those families are outstanding players for their respected clubs.  They are current middle school players looking to get in the system.