Sevier County @ TN High

THSVikings2004

Well all i gotta say is till we get away from the buddy-buddy coaching system or he's a good ole boy coaching system that we have in place i don't see it getting much better really..sad but true.Not saying we don't have a few good ones because we do...BUT!!

I agree 16 should be your starter 15 just looks lost unless he's just handing off. It would make more since to me if you gotta beastly "o" line that you would rather spread it out with 3-4 wide and take them on 6 at time and create more 1 on 1 match ups than try to take on all 11 like we have been doing,But then there has to be the threat of a pass then i suppose :huh:

I guess we just don't have a coach that..GLARINGLY!! can teach the passing game anymore or QB fundamentals for that matter.

My football parenting days were over 20 years ago so i don't have dog in the hunt anymore, so my perspective is just that of a fan with some insight into the program.

If i were the alumni boosters and sponsors i think i would start thinking real hard about all the improvements that have been made and are going to be made to the castle and just wonder if they are willing to settle for mediocrity at best. I just call it like i see it.

Come on CAP!!! You used to do the same.   

Edited by couch qb

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew we would be in major trouble when a player on THS (No names here) told me that the coaches would only let us throw 6-7 passes in the game. That's ridiculous and dumb to think that would work against any halfway decent team that knows how to adjust.

yea...well i've been beating this dead horse since the south game 3 years ago.

Well all i gotta say is till we get away from the buddy-buddy coaching system or he's a good ole boy coaching system that we have in place i don't see it getting much better really..sad but true.Not saying we don't have a few good ones because we do...BUT!!

I agree 16 should be your starter 15 just looks lost unless he's just handing off. It would make more since to me if you gotta beastly "o" line that you would rather spread it out with 3-4 wide and take them on 6 at time and create more 1 on 1 match ups than try to take on all 11 like we have been doing,But then there has to be the threat of a pass then i suppose :huh:

I guess we just don't have a coach that..GLARINGLY!! can teach the passing game anymore or QB fundamentals for that matter.

My football parenting days were over 20 years ago so i don't have dog in the hunt anymore, so my perspective is just that of a fan with some insight into the program.

If i were the alumni boosters and sponsors i think i would start thinking real hard about all the improvements that have been made and are going to be made to the castle and just wonder if they are willing to settle for mediocrity at best. I just call it like i see it.

I think some people in the program think this is OK and are just dealing with it. That's an awful mindset for a team I have seen be a threat to even the biggest teams in Tennessee and have now fallen to being a mediocre middle of the pack team the past 5-6 years.

If i were the alumni boosters and sponsors i think i would start thinking real hard about all the improvements that have been made and are going to be made to the castle and just wonder if they are willing to settle for mediocrity at best. I just call it like i see it.

QB You took the words literally out of my mouth! You touched on the very same points that I did in my last post before I edited it and uncharacteristically erased all but the first line. :blush:  It's painful to sit through a Viking football game seeing a team with the tools and weapons to at the very least be competing for a conference championship be reduced to struggling to have a winning season. I'm in the same boat as you are in that I no longer have a dog in the race, but as a fan on the outside it looks like the quick and easy fix for mediocre football at THS is to REPLACE THE OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLER or whoever had a part in putting together this boneheaded offensive scheme!!!!!! But as you also mentioned the "buddy-buddy" coaching system has made it to were the powers to be have excepted mediocracy for the entire program instead of MANNING UP and making the hard decision to replace one of their own. With all the great strides that this coaching group has made to bring the Viking program UP to where it is now, we will NEVER be the championship program we COULD be until the decision makers are willing to make the best decision for the sake of the program instead of settling for what is comfortable. This OLine has been coached up to be one of the best I've seen in my 10+ years following the Maroon Machine. Our defense is legit and even the secondary has stepped up and performed well against competition. We just need someone that is able to play the hand that we are dealt on the offensive side of the ball. With just a QB change you would open us up to a killer option and play action strike force. I'm just sayin.... I'm no coach... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  :roflolk:

Edited by Cap1

THS fans, your season is experiencing a lot of the same frustrations as another 6A school nearby, and I don't mean Science Hill.      I also know of, ahem, another 5A program, in the, ahem *wink-wink*, area that has rumblings of the exact thing.

What is it about high schools that they will sacrifice winning (or at least the best shot to win) just to placate a select few parents/donors/whatever???

THS fans, your season is experiencing a lot of the same frustrations as another 6A school nearby, and I don't mean Science Hill. I also know of, ahem, another 5A program, in the, ahem *wink-wink*, area that has rumblings of the exact thing.

What is it about high schools that they will sacrifice winning (or at least the best shot to win) just to placate a select few parents/donors/whatever???

Uh huh. Seems like I've heard similar things. But the othern has already imploded.

Uh huh. Seems like I've heard similar things. But the othern has already imploded.

Our implosion has been around for a while, it's just that sometimes you have good enough athletes and/or weak enough competition to mask it to some degree

Evidently programs like Maryville, Fulton, Alcoa, etc. do not have this problem.... they are out to win year in and year out independent of politics..

Our implosion has been around for a while, it's just that sometimes you have good enough athletes and/or weak enough competition to mask it to some degree

Evidently programs like Maryville, Fulton, Alcoa, etc. do not have this problem.... they are out to win year in and year out independent of politics..

Should have added Greeneville to that list too