Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

sounds just like Swenson! If you go watch huntingdon practice they'll run 40 different plays and then in the game it's the same 4-5 the whole game

Best games every week have been practices too.  He might pull one or two out of his hat this week.

No it's not but your perception hasn't changed. You are blinded by fanboyism. Instead of looking at this game realistically. No sane person is going to say this game is 3 scores difference either way. No amount of data or otherwise can bring someone to that conclusion.

No but you are wrong if u think 28 is all wayne county i gonna score to beat us.

As always in all games my main wish is injury free for all players .. and for this game, please Please

PLEASE may Wayne Co. demolish Huntingdon ... it's a feline fan thang.

Well at least Wayne County dont shoot fireworks if they win or they better not lol.

Sorry so late as im just now catching up from yesterday afternoon.

Our 1st team offense has 3 turnovers.

2 Fumbles lost (SH-1 HC-1)

1 INT (HC-1)

We are also 5-8 on 4th downs so it'd be 6 if you want to count those.

Its all good Im glad u replied though.  I thought you guys had a kicked why going for it on 4th downs so much or were you like at their 38 yard line area or something.  Hope we dont make many penalties if u dont fumble much.

Thru 8 games here is what our Defense is giving up (This includes the JV Defense)..

Passing - 43/100 429yds 5Tds 4INTs 9.98 ypc

Rushing - 254 Rushes 901yds 7TDs 3.55 ypc

AVG p/g: (Pass) 5.4/12.5 53.6yds

(Rush) 31.8 Rushes 112.6yds

TOTAL p/g: 44.3 plays 166yds 1.5TDs 0.5INTs

TFL - 52

Sacks - 21

Blocked Punts - 4

Interceptions - 4

Forced Fumbles - 10

Opp. on 3rd Downs: 22/80 28%

Opp. on 4th Downs: 3/14 21%

Points Against - 80

Teams PATs - 6/9

Teams 2pt Conv - 1/3

I still realistically dont see you stopping us much only way you might stop us is penalty wise u might get lucky on them.

from today's Tennessean.......

HUNTINGDON (8-0, 5-0 6-1A) AT WAYNE CO. (8-0, 5-0)

A region championship will be on the line when these two high-powered 6-1A unbeatens square off Friday. Huntingdon, ranked second in Class 1A, is averaging 52.1 points per contest - good enough for second in the state - and the Mustangs have outscored their first eight opponents by a combined tally of 417-93. Aside from the team's 28-27 Week 2 triumph over Scotts Hill, fifth-ranked Wayne County hasn't encountered much resistance, either. Quarterback Preston Rice completed 9-of-12 pass attempts for 225 yards and four touchdowns in last week's 45-14 victory over McEwen, and the Wildcats have eclipsed the 40-point mark in each of their last six wins.

Murph's pick: Huntingdon 49, Wayne County 42

Thanks for the article looks like murphy fair got some sense and changed his mind after he made his book and picked Wayne County.  I wonder if he'll go to this game or another one.  Probably another one a few years ago there was lexington and chester county and Huntingdon vs MILAN and instead of the historic rivalry game he went to watch lexington blow them out.

OOPS mentioned MILAN again lol maybe thats why he is picking us :)

I'm confident cats win tonight. From all indications, they are a determined football with a lot of confidence coming in tonight. Preparations this week have been great as the cats will get victory number 9 on the season. Huntingdon fans, thank God when u cross the TN river later today because u are entering His Country. Let's Roll!!!

God's Country...LOL..I guess everybody needs a bathroom

And if anyone thinks WC doesn't have a defense that will have a starting QB "running for his life" let alone a back up QB is fooling themselves.

Sure it was the first game of the year for mTp, but mTp runs a single wing style that has a very athletic, speedster - mid 4/40's, shifty and hard to tackle QB in Crawford. A power mule 6'3" 240 2nd (is swapped in from time to time depending on the play calling) QB in Brown who can tote 2-3 defenders for an extra 10 yards on his back; as Rudy Kalis laughed and said "Whew, what a load". And a mid 4/40, averaging (not sure) about 8-9 yards per carry, speed shifting back in Warnsley.... And WC shut them down with a goose egg.

mTp will finish 7-3 losing to WC, CA, Fayetteville and more than likely go to Rd-2 in the playoffs. Fingers crossed to Rd-3 with CA probably taking our bracket.

thanks for the scouting report on MTP

Murph's scores are too high IMO ... 31-28 WC.  HHS defense is bound to force Coach Rice to think about kicking a FG.  WC kicker is seasoned and good enough to make the difference.

no I agree w/ murph a lot of points gonna be in this one, maybe I'm a little too old but what this IMO everyone keeps saying we got people saying it too.

EDIT:  I want everyone to know that after game win or lose I'm just going home and going to sleep I got some important stuff to do saturday but wanted wayne county fans to know if mustangs lose I will be on saturday prob after alabama tn game and eat my crow.  Its been a busy week a lot of bad things going on dont wannt talk bout it on here.  If we win I'll talk sat about what I think bout both teams and if we willl see a rematch and my overall thoughts.

Edited by KermitDeeFrog

As long as there are no injuries and sportsmanship throughout, we all come out winners.

God bless.

i think the sportsmanship will be good. Both teams have great coaches that will keep the players in line. And I also pray for no injuries hate to see these young men hurt. And the real winner will be shown on the scoreboard! Edited by MustangNation007

no I agree w/ murph a lot of points gonna be in this one, maybe I'm a little too old but what this IMO everyone keeps saying we got people saying it too.

EDIT:  I want everyone to know that after game win or lose I'm just going home and going to sleep I got some important stuff to do saturday but wanted wayne county fans to know if mustangs lose I will be on saturday prob after alabama tn game and eat my crow.  Its been a busy week a lot of bad things going on dont wannt talk bout it on here.  If we win I'll talk sat about what I think bout both teams and if we willl see a rematch and my overall thoughts.

IMO - "In my opinion" ; IMHO - "In my humble opinion"; LMBO - "Laughing my butt off"  are the most common  

EDIT: I want everyone to know that after game win or lose I'm just going home and going to sleep I got some important stuff to do saturday but wanted wayne county fans to know if mustangs lose I will be on saturday prob after alabama tn game and eat my crow. Its been a busy week a lot of bad things going on dont wannt talk bout it on here. If we win I'll talk sat about what I think bout both teams and if we willl see a rematch and my overall thoughts.

Hope things get better for ya kermit..........after tonight of course....

Kermit, Regarding your comment about us being 5/8 on 4th downs. We will go for a 4th down if its within 1-5 yds or so but only if its in opp. territory or close to midfield. Yeah we have a kicker but Coach has never been known to use his kickers alot even if they are as talented as ours this yr. #19 has attempted 2 and made 1 which was a 26yd FG last week. The one he missed was around 30-35 I believe.

Overall we have punted 8 times for an avg of 33yds with none being returned.

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Hope things get better for ya kermit..........after tonight of course....

DUDE Im soo bummed that I am not at home to watch this game. I cant remember the last time I was this excited for a game! I wasnt this excited even for last yrs game in 2nd rd @ NCS. Prob have to go back to when I played or maybe when we played that Alumni football game earlier this yr lol. I was a lil excited for that!

i think the sportsmanship will be good. Both teams have great coaches that will keep the players in line. And I also pray for no injuries hate to see these young men hurt. And the real winner will be shown on the scoreboard!

It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the game. There's victory in Jesus.

God bless.