WHAT WINS A HS SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP OR DEEP CHAMPIONSHIP RUN TEAM

Booger

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the A-AA level:

first thing you need in girls soccer to win is to be a prviate school that controls its population.

second thing is to go out and recruit, oops, I mean convince the best players around that your school's education is better than a public school and they should come for the academics and it is just great that they coincidentally play girls soccer. oh yeah, we can get mommy and daddy a job as well, and give you a little work to pay off the tution money that we cannot give to you.

third, hope the TSSAA keeps saying this as ok to do. at least for the next two years.

at the A-AA level:

first thing you need in girls soccer to win is to be a prviate school that controls its population.

second thing is to go out and recruit, oops, I mean convince the best players around that your school's education is better than a public school and they should come for the academics and it is just great that they coincidentally play girls soccer. oh yeah, we can get mommy and daddy a job as well, and give you a little work to pay off the tution money that we cannot give to you.

third, hope the TSSAA keeps saying this as ok to do. at least for the next two years.

Let's see if Greeneville Girls Soccer can blow this theory out of the water this year.

Agreed the A/AA state tournament is alphabet soup with the private school acronyms. Page, Greeneville, and the White House schools are the only ones that seem to compete these days with them. Something should obviously be changed.

It's changing, don't fear.

The "evil" will be gone soon.

Here we go again!  Seems like EVERY thread has to turn to the whiny "whoa is me" public v. private saga!!  :twisted:  :x  :lol:   It appears to me that every fairly "good" team in the State (public, private, AAA, A-AA, Div I, Div II) has a few "travel" players sprinkled among their squad.  These girls play year round and "kick it up a notch".  Check the public schools in Williamson County.  :D

Here we go again!  Seems like EVERY thread has to turn to the whiny "whoa is me" public v. private saga!!  :twisted:  :x  :lol:   It appears to me that every fairly "good" team in the State (public, private, AAA, A-AA, Div I, Div II) has a few "travel" players sprinkled among their squad.  These girls play year round and "kick it up a notch".  Check the public schools in Williamson County.  :D

Fact is that no private school schould ever win another public school trophy!  Play them in the regular season and in tournaments throughout the year.  If the public school is good enough, it would be good for both.  Otherwise, no one wins.

Fact is that no private school schould ever win another public school trophy!  Play them in the regular season and in tournaments throughout the year.  If the public school is good enough, it would be good for both.  Otherwise, no one wins.

Facts are facts...no Whoa is me. Just speaking the truth.

The truth hurts inpactdad and booger!

Didn't know they had a "public school trophy"!!  :ugeek: Interesting!! Gotta check out what that thing looks like! B)  Is it like a participation thing??  Like PJM says, forget about the pub/priv debate and get ready to watch some good soccer in Murfreesboro soon!!  :hungry:

i always find it funny how the people who post on here always want to say the public schools are whiners when thye make a comment about this. The part of this that is funny is when someone suggest that the private schools go play the other private schools they get so defensive. in some peoples view the private schools are whining about playing the other private schools.

you are correct, there will be some great soccer in murfreesboro next week, in all but the AAA tournament it will be the best soccer money can buy.

as far as the participation comment, we could solve this issue and have one state tournament for the entire state and lump AAA, AA-A, and division II together for it. oh but wait, then the championship would be won a large AAA or a division II school each year and then all those private schools who dont want to play with their own kind would join the public school whiners as it is not fair.