WHAT WINS A HS SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP OR DEEP CHAMPIONSHIP RUN TEAM

Booger

The truth hurts inpactdad and booger!

truth ant hurtin Booger, BucStick......we're not bottom feedin over here......Booger ant the one down at Ace Hardware purchasin Calamine on a weekly basis to sprinkle on his chapped hillary over this stuff....

you and ballthrasher forgot to read the thread title.

Booger just sayinlady-powder_small.png

Edited by Booger

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always find it funny how the people who post on here always want to say the public schools are whiners when thye make a comment about this. The part of this that is funny is when someone suggest that the private schools go play the other private schools they get so defensive. in some peoples view the private schools are whining about playing the other private schools.

you are correct, there will be some great soccer in murfreesboro next week, in all but the AAA tournament it will be the best soccer money can buy.

as far as the participation comment, we could solve this issue and have one state tournament for the entire state and lump AAA, AA-A, and division II together for it. oh but wait, then the championship would be won a large AAA or a division II school each year and then all those private schools who dont want to play with their own kind would join the public school whiners as it is not fair.

WHAT WINS A HS SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP OR DEEP CHAMPIONSHIP RUN TEAM

Booger just sayin being-confused-smiley-emoticon.gif

Here we go again!  Seems like EVERY thread has to turn to the whiny "whoa is me" public v. private saga!!  :twisted:  :x  :lol:   It appears to me that every fairly "good" team in the State (public, private, AAA, A-AA, Div I, Div II) has a few "travel" players sprinkled among their squad.  These girls play year round and "kick it up a notch".  Check the public schools in Williamson County.  :D

Says a private school follower. Typical!

Correct!  That's what wins HS soccer championships. A coach that knows how to adapt the game with the players he or she has.

So then you are saying that private schools just have better coaches than public schools? Interesting....I think Coach Clapp at Page, Coach Felzien at White House, and Coach Roach/Coach Kirby at Heritage would disagree.

Coaching matters a whole lot! No doubt! However, quality talent usually wins out. Ridgeway was loaded with offensive firepower those years. Speed galore!  You can coach first touch, movement off the ball, formational awareness, etc. You can not coach speed and athleticism. It is definitely a mix, and private schools are winning out on the talent, not the coaching.

IMO, the coaches mentioned above do as good of a job as anyone in the state with the talent they are provided.

Says a private school follower. Typical!

And the parent of a player that has actually played "travel ball".  Do you even read the posts or topics?  The topic is what it takes to win a championship or make a deep run

You also mention somewhere in these comical misfit quotes that PUBS, White House and Page have made deep runs to get to the semis in the past 5 years.  I'd say that's not too shabby. Just haven't pushed that ball across the goal line!  They make em play that final game and don't just automatically hand the championship trophy to the PRIVATE team!  If a public school actually WINS the A-AA Championship, it will ruin the annual regurgitation of all these whiny posts!!  What else in the world would we have to talk about???  :o  :o  :o

And the parent of a player that has actually played "travel ball".  Do you even read the posts or topics?  The topic is what it takes to win a championship or make a deep run

You also mention somewhere in these comical misfit quotes that PUBS, White House and Page have made deep runs to get to the semis in the past 5 years.  I'd say that's not too shabby. Just haven't pushed that ball across the goal line!  They make em play that final game and don't just automatically hand the championship trophy to the PRIVATE team!  If a public school actually WINS the A-AA Championship, it will ruin the annual regurgitation of all these whiny posts!!  What else in the world would we have to talk about???  :o  :o  :o

The comics come the fact that every person on this thread that is saying A/AA should stay as it is private school background peeps. I played high school soccer for a top 5 private school in the state. I know how private schools are operated. My senior class had 3 college soccer commits and the class lower than me had 5. You find this nowhere in public schools in A/AA.

Recruiting aside, public schools have a school zone where only kids inside that zone can play soccer for them. Some counties are much more strict with this rule than others. Do private schools have a zone like this? This alone should be enough to make a ruling. It literally makes no sense. To not be able to see how these private schools have an unfair advantage is even more ridiculous.

Yes, this thread is a not a private vs. public thread; however, the "What wins a state tournament" question was posed. A vital ingredient in A/AA, based on the past 13 years, is being a private school.

Edited by abouttogetmessi

abouttogetmessi, on 22 Oct 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

"The comics come the fact that every person on this thread that is saying A/AA should stay as it is private school background peeps. I played high school soccer for a top 5 private school in the state. I know how private schools are operated. My senior class had 3 college soccer commits and the class lower than me had 5. You find this nowhere in public schools in A/AA."

Congrats to you and your opportunity to play for a top 5 private school in high school!  I would be willing to bet that the 3 commits in your class and the 5 in the class below you got noticed because of their "travel team" experience, not because they played on one of the top 5 private schools in the state.   My point AGAIN was, to make it to the championship or make a deep run, a smattering of "travel" players on your team (who have experienced year round training) sure helps regardless of if your team is public or private!