6AAA Girls

Nortney

With the exception of Clarkrange , whom we beat by 20 up there . One of our best games of the year .

Not taking anything from that win but Clarkrange is not the same team this year.  Coach D knows what he is doing.  It takes time.  You want to be playing your best at tournament time.  It's not how you start but how you finish.  Everyone needs to buy in and give it time.   Old coach told me one time that a ugly win is better than a pretty lose.

District Games Start Tonight - IMO Cumberland easily goes undefeated in district play. NOBODY will play them within 10 points this year. Their guards shoot it too well and apply too much full court pressure & dictate the pace of the game. Cookeville has a slight edge to finish 2nd simply because of their returning upperclassmen and veteran coach. After that it will come down to which team stays healthy, which coach can develop their young players and which team has the best chemistry. 3rd- Stone 4th-Rhea 5th-White 6th-Warren. Should be an exciting year, looking forward to watching all the teams. We will learn alot tonight.

No way Stone wins tonight.  Multi level marketing coach or not.  He aint that special. 

Rhea will be sad leaving Sparta tonight. Maybe give them a sticker for effort on way out of town. 

SLOW the Cumberland Run and Fun offense down - take it to a stall - force them to 1/2 court and you may get within 10....her offense isnt as pretty when the entire game is played at 1 mph.  Regardless = Cumberland by 25+.

Stone finishes 3rd in this District this year?  Stoned much? 

I'll host a pizza party for them at the District Tourny if they do.  Promise. 

You dont have to worry if Im a man of my word cause I'm certainly not worried they will.  That Sparta team will grow into the team its suppose to. 

They have a destiny and it's not 5th in any year in the forseeable future.

Warren is Jekyll/Hyde - could be dangerous to 4 teams but they wont be 6th. 

Good luck trying to get Cumberland to play at 1mph. Warren will try that tonight and will get throtled by 30+. Sounds simple, but Like I said, their guards will dictate the pace of play. Coach Miller will make it a full court game. And I do think Jesse Wallis carries Rhea in a close victory tonight over White unless she gets in foul trouble. She will be the best player in the gym. However, Coach Dodgen will have White Co steadly improving all year. Cookeville prob a little too strong for Stone this early in the season, but Coach Buck will have them where they need to be soon.