6AAA Girls

Nortney

I don't know much about Baird, but I know he had a few quality wins while at WC. But with a school that size they should be getting more than a few quality wins here and there.. Panter may end up doing fine because she's going to be there as long as she wants to be. That's just the way Warren County works.

I don't have a dog in the race. I watched Panter coach in middle school and crossed paths with her in travel ball. I thought she was a rising coach who would do well at the HS level. My only concern was experience, but I suppose the only way to get experience is to jump in and do it.

I also watched Baird work very, very hard in the spring trying to develop a feeder program and he was committed to making his program better. I was a little surprised he was let go as his teams seemed to get a little better every season and he definitely put in the work. What's done is done and I hope Coach Panter turns it around. The freshman group has some potential IMO.

I don't have a dog in the race. I watched Panter coach in middle school and crossed paths with her in travel ball. I thought she was a rising coach who would do well at the HS level. My only concern was experience, but I suppose the only way to get experience is to jump in and do it.

I also watched Baird work very, very hard in the spring trying to develop a feeder program and he was committed to making his program better. I was a little surprised he was let go as his teams seemed to get a little better every season and he definitely put in the work. What's done is done and I hope Coach Panter turns it around. The freshman group has some potential IMO.

She's in over her head.

Yes, I believe that is putting it lightly.. IMO you can't take a middle school coach with absolutely no high school head coach experience and be successful, unless you have a whole squad of superstars or inherit a load of talent.. At that point it doesn't matter who the coach is.. Unfortunately WC has neither of those luxuries. Does she have assistant coaches?

Edited by Hoopz4days

Baird seemed to have a pretty decent staff on his bench, especially the guy who I believe now is an assistant for the boys team. And there was a lady on her bench last year, believe she has a daughter that plays that seemed to have her act together too.. Maybe last name Eckenrod (sp). Is she not on staff anymore?