6AAA Girls

Nortney

Your team made national news for throwing a ball game!!! There is nothing in sports worse than that. That is the lowest of the low. The tssaa should have given them the death penalty until all those players were gone and declared all those players ineligible to play anywhere else. If you can still support a team after that, then you're teaching that team a terrible life lesson that character doesn't matter. I pity you, and your team.

Whatever. Why???? To make it easier on the rest of the state to win??? Lol. That is pretty hard punishment to dole out to 14-16 year olds

Mw4vols all you have done for the past week is call riverdale and their coach classless and without character. How about you show class and character and congratulate the winners or say nothing at all. You know the saying..... "If you can't say anything nice...." This is not the same coach and the girls were punished for the incident last year. People make mistakes. I do, you do, and 15-18 year old girls do too. This team has learned much more about class and character and life lessons by facing their mistake and working through it. What's classless and has no character is people who must point fingers and find fault when things don't go their way. This team and its supporters need no pity and character lessons from you. We are very proud of these girls and what they've accomplished.

They received no punishment. One game suspension of a game that they would have lost anyway. When you condone bad behavior, that's what you teach. And before you point a finger at me, you need to talk to your own fans on here about sportsmanship. I had no intention of commenting about this till your buddy warrior fan kept talking trash. Clean your own house before you start telling others to clean theirs

They received no punishment. One game suspension of a game that they would have lost anyway. When you condone bad behavior, that's what you teach. And before you point a finger at me, you need to talk to your own fans on here about sportsmanship. I had no intention of commenting about this till your buddy warrior fan kept talking trash. Clean your own house before you start telling others to clean theirs

You weren't gonna say anything because you saw the truth and wanted to back out silently.  Hard to say anything when you realize the truth hurts.  I have been waiting for this day for the past few weeks after listening to you and Summit talk crap about Riverdale.  I can assure you that none of your 6-AAA teams or other districts for that matter could play in our district on a week to week basis.  You might get a victory every now and then, but your best would not be in the first half of good teams in our district.  Our district is harder than the state championship...actually...it is the real state championship.  Heck....Riverdale was 3rd in the district this year.  The state was a cake walk.  It will be for years to come as well.  

So....6-AAA fans....you really think you could play with 7-AAA? You really think you could have hung with Riverdale if you got to the Championship? :hungry::rolleyes::bored:

Congratulations to Riverdale. They are the Best team in the state this year, and probably will be next year. They have a ton of talent coming back. They were fun to watch. To answer your question, I never said anybody from 6AAA could hang with Riverdale in a state game. But I do think they would have had their hands full if they would have had to travel in substate game to Cumberland. Just like SC did when they traveled to Bradley Co. Bradley would have matched up with Riverdale much better in championship than OR. As far as punishing kids or team for what happened last year, that would be crazy. They got punished last year plenty. And in my opinion, they shouldn't have been punished at all last year. Just my opinion, I thought it was a strategy that gave them the best chance to win the state tournament. Last time I checked, that is the goal of every team. It's not to try to win a meaningless district consultation game. To my knowledge, I don't know of a rule that was broken by the Coach or a Player. It was just a strategy that some ppl didn't agree with or understand. TSSAA should change their tournament format if they don't want teams playing games that in some cases, they are better off losing. In life and in sports, sometimes you have to lose some battles to win the war. In this case, it obviously back fired.

Congratulations to Riverdale. They are the Best team in the state this year, and probably will be next year. They have a ton of talent coming back. They were fun to watch. To answer your question, I never said anybody from 6AAA could hang with Riverdale in a state game. But I do think they would have had their hands full if they would have had to travel in substate game to Cumberland. Just like SC did when they traveled to Bradley Co. Bradley would have matched up with Riverdale much better in championship than OR. As far as punishing kids or team for what happened last year, that would be crazy. They got punished last year plenty. And in my opinion, they shouldn't have been punished at all last year. Just my opinion, I thought it was a strategy that gave them the best chance to win the state tournament. Last time I checked, that is the goal of every team. It's not to try to win a meaningless district consultation game. To my knowledge, I don't know of a rule that was broken by the Coach or a Player. It was just a strategy that some ppl didn't agree with or understand. TSSAA should change their tournament format if they don't want teams playing games that in some cases, they are better off losing. In life and in sports, sometimes you have to lose some battles to win the war. In this case, it obviously back fired.

Thank you.  Agree 6AAAFan.  You are correct on things.  Just not sure Bradley Central would have matched up with Riverdale athletes and the speed of the game if they got beat by 7 against Oak Ridge, and Riverdale beat Oak Ridge by 31.  BC also played Dickson Co to the wire 54-57.  DC got beat by Brentwood High.  Riverdale beat Brentwood High by 50+.  Y'all will be back next year tho and I am sure Riverdale and BC will meet eventually.

All that I've done is to respond to the comments of your fans

This is simply not true. You've been whining since we played Cumberland County. And I read several comments from our fans praising Cumberland and how hard they played. You have called out the coach, players, and on another thread the fans and student section. Here's a news flash....... Riverdale girls made a mistake over a year ago, it's time to move on, our girls have adjusted to a new coach and played their tails off this year, the support from our students, administration, and fans is phenomenal, our team is returning almost all players next

hjy

Just wonder who the coach will be at Riverdale next year ? They don't stick around very long  for some reason .

Considering the new coach was at his former school close to 20 years, and the fact that he has almost all players returning, I'd put my money on him being the coach for a while.

Just wonder who the coach will be at Riverdale next year ? They don't stick around very long  for some reason . 

Lol...watch this tweet and I think you will get the picture.  Coach Coffman is having the time of his life at Riverdale.  He is getting ready to erect a new trophy case with the Gold Balls and hopefully a National Championship or two over the next 5+ years.  The atmosphere at that school is nothing like I have ever seen from the administration to the kids.  You see the Principal get in to the chants at the game with the student section?  https://twitter.com/KieraDelesk/status/708386326358450176

Riverdale has their swag back!  :roflolk:  

2016 Riverdale State Champs Coach Coffman Swag Dance

https://twitter.com/c15coffman/status/708792803204177925

Riverdale Principal will be getting "One for the Thumb" after 2016 State Championship

https://twitter.com/nolan_tom/status/708408139079667712

2013 Riverdale National Champs Harlem Shake