A/AA Region semi finals

BigG

thinkin it will be yall and WH....Heritage can not play with DCurtis's group......they might be able to put yall on the ropes some

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Interesting...I saw the White House-White House Heritage game earlier in the year (4-4 Tie) and Heritage looked by far like the better team. White House was very fortunate to leave the field with a tie. I was not at the district finals rematch, so I do not know what happened. I think that match and CPA-Page are the two most interesting A-AA matches tonight. Either one could most definitely go either way.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...I saw the White House-White House Heritage game earlier in the year (4-4 Tie) and Heritage looked by far like the better team. White House was very fortunate to leave the field with a tie. I was not at the district finals rematch, so I do not know what happened. I think that match and CPA-Page are the two most interesting A-AA matches tonight. Either one could most definitely go either way.

That's the question about WHH. They can score with their very direct style but will they stop good teams? Of all the teams left in this area IMO they can upset CPA/Page with their style of play. It only takes one mistake to win.

That's the question about WHH. They can score with their very direct style but will they stop good teams? Of all the teams left in this area IMO they can upset CPA/Page with their style of play. It only takes one mistake to win.

I totally agree with you. Heritage seems to be a total wild card. I believe it is due to their skill level being lower than a top team, but their athleticism seems to be higher than those top teams. They do not seem to be true soccer players; instead, they are just raw athletes playing soccer. Make sense?

I totally agree with you. Heritage seems to be a total wild card. I believe it is due to their skill level being lower than a top team, but their athleticism seems to be higher than those top teams. They do not seem to be true soccer players; instead, they are just raw athletes playing soccer. Make sense?

They are athletic but no moreso than CPA. If those teams play it will be interesting to see how each team try's to control the middle of the field. Both teams are strong there.

They are athletic but no moreso than CPA. If those teams play it will be interesting to see how each team try's to control the middle of the field. Both teams are strong there.

Very true! CPA would be big favorites over Heritage. If the regional championships go the same as the district championships, then this would be the matchup. A White House-Page match-up could be a very good one as well! I would actually probably give the edge to the young White House team in that one.

I am totally a neutral observer; however, teams that are explosive have always been fun to watch. That is why I have found myself watching teams like USN, CPA, Heritage, and Clarksville. They can score at any minute.

Very true! CPA would be big favorites over Heritage. If the regional championships go the same as the district championships, then this would be the matchup. A White House-Page match-up could be a very good one as well! I would actually probably give the edge to the young White House team in that one.

I am totally a neutral observer; however, teams that are explosive have always been fun to watch. That is why I have found myself watching teams like USN, CPA, Heritage, and Clarksville. They can score at any minute.

The WH vs CPA games should be fun to watch for years to come with those freshmen classes. CPA has a few very good HS players while WH has a very deep class.

WH it is...thats Pickin with Booger

Booger was just sayin :thumb:

I talked to a CAK parent last night, and she seemed to think that perhaps Catholic's starting goalie was out (possible nose break)?

CAK beat Grace 5-0 during regular season, but I don't know details on that, either.  

Either way, it is a great win for Grace.

Very true, it was a great win for us.  This is the first year that we've won the district tournament and first time ever advancing to the region finals. I can explain our season in 2 words.....Heart & Determination. We started the season with 17 on the roster, lost 3 players early to season ending injuries and 1 more due to academics.  We played a very good Catholic team with just 13 players. After scoring 2 goals, my freshman forward was put out with a concussion during the 2nd half, she's now done for the season......now down 5 players.  Tonight against CAK our 12 players battled hard with their roster of 32, we led 2-1 at one point and was tied 2-2 until the 62nd minute and our wheels fell off going against their fresh legs.  I'm proud of these young ladies as they have been through a lot this season.....shredded ACL, neck/spine injury, concussion, concussion, grades. They're playing extremely hard for their fallen teammates with so much heart and passion. They leave it all on the field.  Now we face an extremely talented Greeneville team and all the scouting reports are saying that they are more talented than CAK........Oh Boy!!!!

Thanks for asking,  it's good to see someone noticing us.

And yes, as another poster stated 20 saves..... our GK is a beast.  After the CAK game she now has 217 saves on the season. She had 18 tonight and 23 against Knoxville Webb a few weeks ago. She's special....but also a senior.  Definitely going to miss her next year. 

CPA over WHH 2-1.

Page over WH 4-3.

Just Wow!  What an amazing game Between Page and WH!  Hats off to WH and their young studs.  They are a great squad and could be the Public School we have been waiting for if Page doesn't beat them to it.  This was probably the most gut check time game, up and down game, and passionate game I have seen in high school girls soccer.  Both teams played hard and either could have won.  Page scored in the first minute and WH came pounding back with 3 goals in the first half.  Page came back out in the second half with their heads back in the game and scored two with the last one being with 3 minutes left. Then in the penalties you had two freshmen keepers going head to head.  WH keeper is a great keeper and will be so difficult to score on in the next 3 years. The keeper for Page stopped the first two penalties and Page won 4-1 on PKs. Every player on both teams left it all on the field.  Great job girls!

It was great catching up with the WH coach, he is doing a great job out there!