Maryville's baby brother vs. CAK

Govolsknox

So winning state titles is not right?

Nothing at all wrong with winning state titles. The problem is this: every school has a different set of rules.There is no way to argue that. If there was a single set of rules for everybody then there would be no way to make claims. The T$$AA wil be around to collect your playoff money. That's all they care about. What they should do is make the rules and enforce them for everyone.

I love it when one cheater calls another cheater a cheater!!!!!!

While the T$$AA just sits back and rolls in the dough!!!!!

Everybody knows what both does is not right, yet it is allowed. Tell me this, how can a governing body allow somebody else make their rules?

In all seriousness, this is just lack of knowledge on your part. No one who really knows these 2 programs thinks they "cheat." The issue I have is with the RULES, but Alcoa is a top notch, classy program. They don't need to cheat, nor does CAK. Cheating indicates "breaking the rules." I may have a problem with the TSSAA ignoring the use of the open zone "loophole" to the advantage of some programs, but that is VERY different than saying someone breaks the rules. Both Alcoa and CAK are well known for running clean programs, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Alcoa program.

In all seriousness, this is just lack of knowledge on your part. No one who really knows these 2 programs thinks they "cheat." The issue I have is with the RULES, but Alcoa is a top notch, classy program. They don't need to cheat, nor does CAK. Cheating indicates "breaking the rules." I may have a problem with the TSSAA ignoring the use of the open zone "loophole" to the advantage of some programs, but that is VERY different than saying someone breaks the rules. Both Alcoa and CAK are well known for running clean programs, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Alcoa program.

Here is the issue. Try doing what either of these schools do in Humbolt, Mckenzie, or many other public schools in the state and it is called cheating and you have to forfeit games. So no it is not a lack of knowledge it is an understanding that the TSSAA allows privates and open zone schools to make their own rules. Any one who does not see that has a lack of understanding! So take off the veil and look at things from a different point of view for once.

Nothing at all wrong with winning state titles. The problem is this: every school has a different set of rules.There is no way to argue that. If there was a single set of rules for everybody then there would be no way to make claims. The T$$AA wil be around to collect your playoff money. That's all they care about. What they should do is make the rules and enforce them for everyone.

Maybe your school should change its rules.

Here is the issue. Try doing what either of these schools do in Humbolt, Mckenzie, or many other public schools in the state and it is called cheating and you have to forfeit games. So no it is not a lack of knowledge it is an understanding that the TSSAA allows privates and open zone schools to make their own rules. Any one who does not see that has a lack of understanding! So take off the veil and look at things from a different point of view for once.

Frankly, I'm not going to waste my time giving a voluminous response. Those who've been on the T for an extended period of time know that 1. I've written a tremendous amount of material about this subject. and 2. It is very complicated.

The privates have a number of inherit DISadvantages along with a few advantages. Regardless, the TSSAA imposed a 1.8 multiplier. At least that was doing something.

Open zone is far more complicated because while it is used to the fullest advantage in Blount County (and at Riverdale, back in the day before they changed their policy), there are many "open zone" schools that basically have few if any out of zone impact players.

So the TSSAA chooses to ignore this complicated issue and address the "easy" one, private schools. So after this year, your beef with the privates will be addressed. And you'll be left with the same disparity with open zoning that you had before this latest change by the TSSAA.

You are so far behind in understanding the details of this subject, that rather than post, you need to read what has been discussed over the last 5-7 years. Not that I'm saying you don't have a right to post. Post away. But it is clear that you are at 101 level, and this subject is at Grad school level.

Best of luck to your program, both this year while you have both to deal with, and next year, after the TSSAA has solved "all the problems" by removing the private schools.

It will be interesting to see over the next 5 years what effect the privates being separated has on the TSSAA if they do what I would anticipate and simply form their own league, over time, tremendously reducing the budget the TSSAA has to work with.

That is the main problem. Your school has the ability to do so. Our school does not. One of our leaders brought a lawsuit that got the government involved about racial equalities inside of schools. The NAACP got aggitated and now we have a national mandated school zone. Now kids from the country get bussed to the county seat and kids from the city get bussed to the country. Nobody is happy!!!! Except the kids with money. They drive to a larger city down the road and have their pick of lots of nice private schools. Many of our great middle school athletes end up with a Academy or University in their high school name.