New coaches

Jchannel1738

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting pretty late in the calendar for any new coach that might be coming into the picture. Most programs have completed their spring practice by now, and there seems to be a curious lack of chatter surrounding this vacancy. Westview has been one of the more consistent/successful West Tennessee programs over the course of Coach Coady's tenure, and I am just anxious to see who is next. 

It's getting pretty late in the calendar for any new coach that might be coming into the picture. Most programs have completed their spring practice by now, and there seems to be a curious lack of chatter surrounding this vacancy. Westview has been one of the more consistent/successful West Tennessee programs over the course of Coach Coady's tenure, and I am just anxious to see who is next. 

I agree.  Should be interesting to see who they will hire.  Will they stay in county with Lampkins or Cantrell?  Or will they look elsewhere?  Who has shown interest?

I agree. Should be interesting to see who they will hire. Will they stay in county with Lampkins or Cantrell? Or will they look elsewhere? Who has shown interest?

I just don't see the appeal of Lampkins. I mean, I know he has had a tiny bit of success with the little talent in Gleason but come on. His record was like 54-85 before his disaster of a season last year. I really don't see that being what's best for Westview.

I just don't see the appeal of Lampkins. I mean, I know he has had a tiny bit of success with the little talent in Gleason but come on. His record was like 54-85 before his disaster of a season last year. I really don't see that being what's best for Westview.

I agree with your assessment of Lampkins.  

Cantrell has put in the time but does not have head coaching experience.  

Usually a name like Comer, Swenson or Vowell would come up for a job like this.

Edited by riverrat106