A/AA state tournament

BigG

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fields drain terribly.....and you can probably count on 3, 5, and 1 being the worse of the tournament fields.....and the stadium field; though it is not needed til saturday will be the worse of all, except for maybe 9 & 10 .....there was not this much rain last year and it altered play.....if it pushed through tonight; it still would not be worthy of play for a state tournament tomorrow.....the girls will have the luxury of playin in a slush pit....

if it were still being played in Chattanooga, and not sayin it should be; you would not have a field issue

Booger just sayins12515.gif

Not being totally selfish (okay, maybe a little)...but Chattanooga has the facilities to handle the tournament much better with GPS and CCS's artificial turf and great stands for all to see very well (and not sitting in portable soccer chairs with select tournament atmosphere)...so play could be done without water concerns...plus we have Finley Stadium (UTC where the US Women played recently)- which could be available possibly as well...

But we all know this already..

D :mrgreen:

the fields drain terribly.....and you can probably count on 3, 5, and 1 being the worse of the tournament fields.....and the stadium field; though it is not needed til saturday will be the worse of all, except for maybe 9 & 10 .....there was not this much rain last year and it altered play.....if it pushed through tonight; it still would not be worthy of play for a state tournament tomorrow.....the girls will have the luxury of playin in a slush pit....

if it were still being played in Chattanooga, and not sayin it should be; you would not have a field issue

Booger just sayins12515.gif

I hear what your saying about the drainage.  There is a reason large soccer complexes are located where they are, it's usually crappy land.  All I'm saying is that fields 1-5 are light years ahead of where they were at this time last year.  It is very obvious that they have spent $$, time, and good turf management practices to improve the condition of those fields.  I didn't see the stadium field up close, but I am pretty sure they did not use it for the bash in the 'boro, so it should be in even better shape than the fields I saw.

I wish it was in Chattanooga too, but I guess ol' Booger doesn't have enough pull with the T$$AA.  Go Irish!!

Edited by saw4ND

So will fans who want to have a seat at games that are not on the stadium field need to bring portable chairs (i.e., no bleachers)? Thanks in advance. We are on Field 1 on Friday.

There is small set of portable bleachers at every field (or at least 1-5 for sure).  I would bring a chair if you want a guaranteed seat.

Not being totally selfish (okay, maybe a little)...but Chattanooga has the facilities to handle the tournament much better with GPS and CCS's artificial turf and great stands for all to see very well (and not sitting in portable soccer chairs with select tournament atmosphere)...so play could be done without water concerns...plus we have Finley Stadium (UTC where the US Women played recently)- which could be available possibly as well...

But we all know this already..

not sure where the perfect location for the tournament is, and figurin Murfreesboro is as good as any......somewhere is gonna be a long ways for someone.......but it has been proven without a doubt, that the current playing surface is unsat for a late October  girls state soccer tourney

it ant comin back to Chattanooga, Doc......ND and CCS had home field advantage.....look how that has worked out

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I hear what your saying about the drainage.  There is a reason large soccer complexes are located where they are, it's usually crappy land.  All I'm saying is that fields 1-5 are light years ahead of where they were at this time last year.  It is very obvious that they have spent $$, time, and good turf management practices to improve the condition of those fields.  I didn't see the stadium field up close, but I am pretty sure they did not use it for the bash in the 'boro, so it should be in even better shape than the fields I saw.

I wish it was in Chattanooga too, but I guess ol' Booger doesn't have enough pull with the T$$AA.  Go Irish!!

hearin what your sayin....Booger applauds them for workin on it; there is a little more grass and its a little greener and not browner; it still holds water like a sponge....kinda like that pig and lipstick thing.....hope BigG is right, Booger is wrong, and its fit for this level tournament......Booger ant to optometrist bout it.....spent too many years of soccer there

working on that pull issue for you

Booger just saying :mrgreen:

not sure where the perfect location for the tournament is, and figurin Murfreesboro is as good as any......somewhere is gonna be a long ways for someone.......but it has been proven without a doubt, that the current playing surface is unsat for a late October  girls state soccer tourney

it ant comin back to Chattanooga, Doc......ND and CCS had home field advantage.....look how that has worked out

hearin what your sayin....Booger applauds them for workin on it; there is a little more grass and its a little greener and not browner; it still holds water like a sponge....kinda like that pig and lipstick thing.....hope BigG is right, Booger is wrong, and its fit for this level tournament......Booger ant to optometrist bout it.....spent too many years of soccer there

working on that pull issue for you

Booger just saying :mrgreen:

If the TSSAA didn't move them in 2014 (for as AWFUL as they were for the boys season tournament) then they sure won't do it for a little rain.

So will fans who want to have a seat at games that are not on the stadium field need to bring portable chairs (i.e., no bleachers)? Thanks in advance. We are on Field 1 on Friday.

One would think with the money that the state brings into the venue they could add additional bleachers for the fans to make it more special of an event, versus what seems like another select tourney...(even just temporarily?)

Edited by CHAMPDDS

true that G....heard that the boys conditions were bad too.....it will not be moved to other fields.....it will be played in mud....maybe not at first, but soon after......just hope that genious;s at TSSAA can improve on that debacle from 2013 when the weather was bad......waiting way too long to cancel thursdays games and stickin everyone with their hotels......like they were not able to watch a forecast on bad weather

EnsworthSoccer; dont think the TSSAA is doing amything special for your seeting; the 1 set of small bleachers are there all the time...TSSAA want bring any in....at least the past says they want......as Champ said one time; it is just like your normal rec tournament set-up....hopefully they want have to put the cat litter in the net area again