A/AA state tournament

BigG

the fields drain terribly.....and you can probably count on 3, 5, and 1 being the worse of the tournament fields.....and the stadium field; though it is not needed til saturday will be the worse of all, except for maybe 9 & 10 .....there was not this much rain last year and it altered play.....if it pushed through tonight; it still would not be worthy of play for a state tournament tomorrow.....the girls will have the luxury of playin in a slush pit....

if it were still being played in Chattanooga, and not sayin it should be; you would not have a field issue

Booger just sayins12515.gif

Where did they play in Chattanooga? Camp Jordan?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They used CCS, Baylor and GPS fields.

They positive to playing at a "stadium" is that you feel like your playing somewhere special and not at a rec tournament location with no stands and games going on around you.  The state tournament should be a feature event.  I would rather pick the best high school fields in Murfreesboro and play on those with the finals being at MTSU or somewhere else.

They used CCS, Baylor and GPS fields.

They positive to playing at a "stadium" is that you feel like your playing somewhere special and not at a rec tournament location with no stands and games going on around you.  The state tournament should be a feature event.  I would rather pick the best high school fields in Murfreesboro and play on those with the finals being at MTSU or somewhere else.

thanks mtnman; forgot all bout that girls school....made the correction.....your are absolutely right bout this being a feature event....and there much better surfaces in that town

Booger just sayin :thumb:

They did play some at finley before turf was added.  Then I believe everyone including UTC soccer team said we ain't playing on turf.  CFC made turf cool again and now Lady Mocs are back at Finley (US women's team played there) and we could bring girls soccer state tournament back. 

Edited by mtnman

Is it supposed to rain tomorrow at game time???

No. Should clear out by noon, but who knows (TN weather forecasts aren't always 100%).

I'll be stopping by the Greeneville side to say hello to coach Eiskamp and (hopefully) Sean and Angela Bride. Very dear friends of ours.

(Don't tell anyone, but I actually coached at Greeneville back in 1995, when I was a coach at Tusculum)

Booger if your coming to the game look me up on greeneville side cheering for my step-daughter.

Booger plans on being there; if TSSAA doesnt move the game to Thursday at the last minute.......at this current venue TSSAA has us at, we will all be on the same side......would take joy in meeting you and chattin bout the great things going on and the year round hard work the girls soccer in greeneville are doin to put themselves in this position......Booger dont do no face book, so unless your holdin a "Booger" sign; it will be Booger loss

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

No. Should clear out by noon, but who knows (TN weather forecasts aren't always 100%).

I'll be stopping by the Greeneville side to say hello to coach Eiskamp and (hopefully) Sean and Angela Bride. Very dear friends of ours.

(Don't tell anyone, but I actually coached at Greeneville back in 1995, when I was a coach at Tusculum)

My wife was a freshman at Tusculum in 95 and played softball. That's pretty cool.