A/AA state tournament

BigG

I agree about the field situation. The season has had mild weather and good conditions. These teams go to state and the fields are terrible especially with bad weather. Hopefully, the TSSAA officials will look around at other options like the club teams do for state league games.

Predictions:

Semi finals:

Notre Dame

JC

CAK

CPA

Finals: JC and CPA.

I wouldn't count out greeneville

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question - does anyone know how the fields look in general? (Prior to the rain).

Do they drain well or not?

Thanks for any insight.

I was there last weekend for the Bash in the Boro.  It is the best I have ever seen those fields look at this time of year, and there was very little rain last weekend, so they still looked great at the end of the tournament.  As for how well they are draining this week....???

The fields are in very good condition. However, the fields have never drained particularly well. The drainage system was improved this year. Many additional drains were installed and channels created for water flow. Additional work was done earlier this year to help the fields drain better as well. I will say this fall season at the soccer park was the best in 6 years with drainage. However, we are a bit unlucky in that a former hurricane is dumping so much rain in Murfreesboro right before the start of the tournament.

The fields are in very good condition. However, the fields have never drained particularly well. The drainage system was improved this year. Many additional drains were installed and channels created for water flow. Additional work was done earlier this year to help the fields drain better as well. I will say this fall season at the soccer park was the best in 6 years with drainage. However, we are a bit unlucky in that a former hurricane is dumping so much rain in Murfreesboro right before the start of the tournament.

Glad that the tournament starts tomorrow and not today.  I'm in my class looking at my field right now, and there is a LOT of standing water.

Hopefully, this will push through tonight, and by tomorrow afternoon, we should be ok.

That's BS. If you don't understand the argument any better than that, there's no further use in trying. 

c'mon now; dont quit tryin again.........just cause you worried Booger dont understand the argument......Booger nose hes goin to Murfreesboro......hows that BS for ya

Booger just sayin smileys-ekel-010.gif

Serious question - does anyone know how the fields look in general? (Prior to the rain).

Do they drain well or not?

Thanks for any insight.

the fields drain terribly.....and you can probably count on 3, 5, and 1 being the worse of the tournament fields.....and the stadium field; though it is not needed til saturday will be the worse of all, except for maybe 9 & 10 .....there was not this much rain last year and it altered play.....if it pushed through tonight; it still would not be worthy of play for a state tournament tomorrow.....the girls will have the luxury of playin in a slush pit....

if it were still being played in Chattanooga, and not sayin it should be; you would not have a field issue

Booger just sayins12515.gif