D-IIA East Seeding

CoachHolly7

If FRA wins vs. BGA then and DA wins vs. Ezell:

1. FRA 3-0

2. DA 2-1

3. BGA 1-2

4.  Ezell 0-3

If BGA wins and DA wins:  No head to head tiebreaker in this one.

1.  FRA, DA, BGA  all at 2-1.    DA beat BGA, BGA beat FRA, and FRA beat DA

How is the seeding done if this happens ?   is it based on overall records ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If FRA wins vs. BGA then and DA wins vs. Ezell:

1. FRA 3-0

2. DA 2-1

3. BGA 1-2

4.  Ezell 0-3

If BGA wins and DA wins:  No head to head tiebreaker in this one.

1.  FRA, DA, BGA  all at 2-1.    DA beat BGA, BGA beat FRA, and FRA beat DA

How is the seeding done if this happens ?   is it based on overall records ?

The seeding is done with regards to this district provided Davidson beats Ezell-Harding. Even if BGA beats FRA they are still 3rd. Why? Because they would all be 2-1 in the district and the second tie breaker is overall record. FRA would be 9-1, Davidson 7-3, and BGA 7-2. The reason Davidson would place ahead of BGA is because after they place the 1st team, which would be FRA, it goes back to head to head between the other two. Davidson beat BGA, therefore, they would take 2nd.

Looks like cupcake non-district opponents pay off for Friendship & DCA. Kudos to Webb for playing up on the schedule.

Cupcakes? Portland (4A), Clarksville NW (5A) Not the toughest we've ever played. But not cupcakes. Certainly tougher than we had to play IN DISTRICT when we played Div I ball. I'd say a step in the right direction, overall. To get better you have to play better competition.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

Cupcakes? Portland (4A), Clarksville NW (5A) Not the toughest we've ever played. But not cupcakes.

Compared to Webb's non-D2 opponents... most certainly cupcakes. Grace Christian-Knoxville was their only "cupcake" and they were still 5-5.

Certainly tougher than we had to play IN DISTRICT when we played Div I ball.

Agreed, if you're referring to playing better "IN DISTRICT" opponents versus D2 district opponents.

I'd say a step in the right direction, overall.

Eye of the beholder, but fair statement regardless.

To get better you have to play better competition.

I agree whole-heartedly. *See Webb Schedule*

Hey Sackmaster50; just thought I would ask your thoughts on the following since you are so busy beating your chest about the mighty Spartans and their killer schedule:

What do you think of the fact that Webb has much more similarity to schools in D2-AA, both in type of school and enrollment (Webb has about the same number of students as does BA and more than Ensworth), than it does to the schools in its own district (religion-based schools with enrollments of, at most, about half of Webb's).  If Webb truly wanted to challenge themselves, wouldn't they still be in D2-AA? 

I look forward to your thoughts on this issue.

Hey Sackmaster50; just thought I would ask your thoughts on the following since you are so busy beating your chest about the mighty Spartans and their killer schedule:

What do you think of the fact that Webb has much more similarity to schools in D2-AA, both in type of school and enrollment (Webb has about the same number of students as does BA and more than Ensworth), than it does to the schools in its own district (religion-based schools with enrollments of, at most, about half of Webb's).  If Webb truly wanted to challenge themselves, wouldn't they still be in D2-AA? 

I think the answer is "been there, done that, didn't like the results"

Don't have a dog in the fight for Webb, just stating they play a much tougher non D2 schedule than Friendship or DCA(period) I am sure you can do the math on the records of the opponents...?? #beatingmychest

I agree they should be placed in a higher competition grouping, based on enrollment. When D2 finally becomes segregated, there will be 3 classifications, more than likely, and that will sort out some of the enrollment disparities, maybe...

I'm sure you do since you are "so busy" twiddling your thumbs waiting for my reply. :bored: 

Edited by Sackmaster50

Don't have a dog in the fight for Webb, just stating they play a much tougher non D2 schedule than Friendship or DCA(period) I am sure you can do the math on the records of the opponents...?? #beatingmychest

What do you think of the fact that Webb has much more similarity to schools in D2-AA, both in type of school and enrollment (Webb has about the same number of students as does BA and more than Ensworth), than it does to the schools in its own district (religion-based schools with enrollments of, at most, about half of Webb's). If Webb truly wanted to challenge themselves, wouldn't they still be in D2-AA?

I agree they should be placed in a higher competition grouping, based on enrollment. When D2 finally becomes segregated, there will be 3 classifications, more than likely, and that will sort out some of the enrollment disparities, maybe...

I'm sure you do since you are "so busy" twiddling your thumbs waiting for my reply. :bored:

CAK ring a bell?