DB FOOTBALL=TIME FOR A CHANGE!

DBfaninthe37660

Like I said, You're an Idiot. You don't have a clue. Show me one public school that don't have teams like this as half their schedule year in and year out. You're just singling out DB because your a hater. Try Oak Ridge, Farragut, Jefferson Co., MBA, etc.

Y'all can't really help what district you were put in, just like we can't help the recent district's we have been put in. Not like either or any team has any say as to what district they get put in. You just go out and play the games you're assigned to play and hope you win them. That's about all you cando. DB or any other team can't help it if the teams in their respective division weren't worth a plug nickel.

Edited by SweetScience

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all can't really help what district you were put in, just like we can't help the recent district's we have been put in. Not like either or any team has any say as to what district they get put in. You just go out and play the games you're assigned to play and hope you win them. That's about all you cando. DB or any other team can't help it if the teams in their respective division weren't worth a plug nickel.

The funny thing about it is DB had the most success when the were playing in the Big East Conference. Better competition made them better.

The funny thing about it is DB had the most success when the were playing in the Big East Conference. Better competition made them better.

Better competition definitely helps out in the long run. For whatever reason, DB just let this season get away from them. You never know what is going on internally in a locker room. The defensive coaching was obviously the major issue.

Edited by SweetScience

Better competition definitely helps out in the long run. For whatever reason, DB just let this season get away from them. You never know what is going on internally in a locker room. The defensive coaching was obviously the major issue.

All you have to do is look at the passing yards given up stats. That tells the story.

Well give them a couple of years at Annex University (DB)  because in your theory it will make them better playing schools at their size.  I think one of you idiots on here should apply for the job as a coach.

Well give them a couple of years at Annex University (DB)  because in your theory it will make them better playing schools at their size.  I think one of you idiots on here should apply for the job as a coach.

I am somewhat on the fence on the topic "Does playing better competition make you better?".    It probably deserves a separate thread independent of DB.

On the one hand, if this is true then Sullivan Central should be at the Maryville level by now because they get beat 71-6 week in and week out almost every year.

On the other hand, the teams playing Central can't get anything out of it except an easy win.

It's like doing bench presses with 50 lbs., sure you could do it all day but what good is it?

So there has to be more to it than just playing better competition, because by the playoffs this year DB should have been able to hang with Blackman and we all know how that turned out.    DB has some internal problems with coaching, parents and administration.    This is not uncommon in high school football, Tennessee High has a separate thread going about this very issue, and I know another school or 2 with the problem (although not mentioned on coacht).

I am somewhat on the fence on the topic "Does playing better competition make you better?".    It probably deserves a separate thread independent of DB.

On the one hand, if this is true then Sullivan Central should be at the Maryville level by now because they get beat 71-6 week in and week out almost every year.

On the other hand, the teams playing Central can't get anything out of it except an easy win.

It's like doing bench presses with 50 lbs., sure you could do it all day but what good is it?

So there has to be more to it than just playing better competition, because by the playoffs this year DB should have been able to hang with Blackman and we all know how that turned out.    DB has some internal problems with coaching, parents and administration.    This is not uncommon in high school football, Tennessee High has a separate thread going about this very issue, and I know another school or 2 with the problem (although not mentioned on coacht

I don't know that the game was won or lost 100% on coaching that night. There were a couple calls that made you scratch your head, but it did not change the game. by the margin of defeat. There were some fundamental issues like hanging  on to the ball inside the red zone and staying on blocks to allow for play development. I think in  nearly every region you would expect the 7-8 team to fall to the 1 and 2 team ...

So there has to be more to it than just playing better competition, because by the playoffs this year DB should have been able to hang with Blackman and we all know how that turned out.    DB has some internal problems with coaching, parents and administration.    This is not uncommon in high school football, Tennessee High has a separate thread going about this very issue, and I know another school or 2 with the problem (although not mentioned on coacht).

Playing better competition can make you better but you have to be strategic about it.  And it doesn't mean you would improve an infinite amount.  Schools like Greeneville during the z-plan came to mind.  Even in a down year they were head and shoulders above every team in their conference, so it would benefit them to schedule a couple of tougher non-conference opponents so they could help prepare for the types of teams they would meet in the third and fourth round.  You would probably want to do the opposite if your team is struggling to even finish in the top half of their conference.  A team like Central should try their hardest to schedule as many 1A and 2A teams possible so they can build up a few wins and hopefully retain some of the players that continuously transfer to surrounding schools.

An interesting thing about DB is that this is the first year since 1988 that they haven't finished first or second in their conference. I think most people have a good handle on what was wrong with DB this year and hopefully steps will be taken to fix it, but they get to play the best in the state every year or at least a team that would be in the top 3 every year.

Edited by THSVikings2004