Tennessee @ Halls

parfive00

I feel like someone punched me in the gut. Heart wrenching. We lost the game by ourselves and that's the factor that won the game.

Halls kicking game made it a little closer as well. 

On the bright side, it will be interesting to see how Carter, Barr, and Pennington are used next year.  Hopefully they can all be out on the field at the same time.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game.  We had no answer to that Off. Front. not sure why the pass game made an appearance early.  I can see why Shuff was missed.  Lots of missed opportunities.  Pick Six, Fumble for TD, Bad snap on the punt.  Our 4 drops to #12, one of which was a TD for sure.

Great game, really came down to the wire.  Good luck in the future.

RED DEVILS 

THS played their hearts out but without defense how does anyone expect to win? Shuff was missed that's for sure. I would think Mays being a defensive guru would actually have a decent D. But we didn't. He finally started letting the athletes play and if this would have happened all year I think it would have been a win. Proud of 16 and 36 for being the offense and having over 500 rushing yards together. Can't wait to see where it goes next year...good game to Halls. Congrats.

THS played their hearts out but without defense how does anyone expect to win? Shuff was missed that's for sure. I would think Mays being a defensive guru would actually have a decent D. But we didn't. He finally started letting the athletes play and if this would have happened all year I think it would have been a win. Proud of 16 and 36 for being the offense and having over 500 rushing yards together. Can't wait to see where it goes next year...good game to Halls. Congrats.

I know turnovers hurt us but the team played hard and came back and tied the score. We had a lot of penalties that  really hurt us too. We would get great  field position and somebody would get a personal foul called on them that should've never happened. I could be wrong but I think we had three personal fouls called on us. Our defense in the secondary has killed us all season and until the coaches can correct that all a team has to do is pass the ball and beat us. There is a lot of "what if's" in this game. I don't know why #36 has not been in the game all season, especially after Shuff got hurt.  The offense played great last night after the 1st quarter. The offensive line did great blocking for #16 and #36.

EMBARRASSING loss for the Vikings. This game should not have been close. Great move by starting #16. Last week was his 1st start. Why did it take 9 games to figure this out. I just don't get it. Yes #36 had a great game but let's not forget how good the THS line is. There are 3 and maybe even 4 all conference linemen blocking for him. The back that should have been in game is #21. He runs just as hard and he's a heck of a lot faster. Yes it is Hard to complain about a 200 yard performance but why in the world did #21 only have 4 carries. #21 would have scored on 4 of the runs that #36 didn't just because of speed and vision. Even the announcers on rivalry Thursday questioned why he didn't get more carries. So once again not having in the correct personnel. I'm not even ask why our 2nd best back (#5) didn't have 1 carry. Next year, once those 4 hogs are gone you will see how good they made some of the backs look. They just made a scout team back look like an all star.

Now for the defense, WOW. Where were the safeties. Great run defense but the pass defense was non existent. Don't get me wrong. The QB made some great throws (Ball in back of end zone between 2 defenders) but they made him look like Sevier and Crockett QB's. Maybe #16 should have played safety also. He had the only pick for THS and seemed to be only one to not let a defender behind him.

Very sad to see the season come to an end. I hate it for the seniors as this should have been the team that produced like the '04 & '09 teams. Don't see THS having a winning record for next 3 years.

GOOD LUCK to all the ET teams.

I've let this be known before but 16 wasn't started until last game bc the previous starter's parents complained about it to the administration bc apparently money buys your kid more playing time. And only til Mays knew how stupid he did look did he make the change. Carter is a sophomore so he will only get better. I don't think they will have a losing record as carter and Scott and the rest of the younger players get older and gain more strength and experience. You ask why 16 wasn't playing safety? Same reason as mentioned above. He started at safety every pre season game and practice and again parents complained so that is why he was not playing defense. He is the fastest or one of the fastest kids on the team. Mays has to learn to utilize things like that and quit worrying about what PARENTS/MONEY/POLITICS are going to do...and sadly, it's not the kids faults, but they learn instead of working harder to get better and earn their spot back they can just sit back and let their parents defend for them. That's not setting any type of real world example. Just my thoughts.

Since Maryville played Thursday Night I wasn't about to get out and get soaked watching another team but I really didn't give a flip about watching this either but it turned out to be a great game. I think about 70% of all games turn out to be a blowout but this went to the end. Great job to both teams for such a good game last night.

EMBARRASSING loss for the Vikings. This game should not have been close. Great move by starting #16. Last week was his 1st start. Why did it take 9 games to figure this out. I just don't get it. Yes #36 had a great game but let's not forget how good the THS line is. There are 3 and maybe even 4 all conference linemen blocking for him. The back that should have been in game is #21. He runs just as hard and he's a heck of a lot faster. Yes it is Hard to complain about a 200 yard performance but why in the world did #21 only have 4 carries. #21 would have scored on 4 of the runs that #36 didn't just because of speed and vision. Even the announcers on rivalry Thursday questioned why he didn't get more carries. So once again not having in the correct personnel. I'm not even ask why our 2nd best back (#5) didn't have 1 carry. Next year, once those 4 hogs are gone you will see how good they made some of the backs look. They just made a scout team back look like an all star.

Now for the defense, WOW. Where were the safeties. Great run defense but the pass defense was non existent. Don't get me wrong. The QB made some great throws (Ball in back of end zone between 2 defenders) but they made him look like Sevier and Crockett QB's. Maybe #16 should have played safety also. He had the only pick for THS and seemed to be only one to not let a defender behind him.

Very sad to see the season come to an end. I hate it for the seniors as this should have been the team that produced like the '04 & '09 teams. Don't see THS having a winning record for next 3 years.

I agree.... EMBARRASSING! While you have to take your hat off to Halls because they did what they do to get the W. But in all reality they are as one diminutional as we are offensively. Did we even watch ANY film of them!? And even if we didn't you would think that we could have made the simple adjustment in the secondary to prevent the deep toss, which is how they scored all of their offensive touchdowns. I have to say personally that I'm very disappointed in coach Mays for not giving this team their best opportunity for success. To see athletes like #16 and #36 only being inserted as major contributors to this team in the last two games of the season makes you question his motives, but more importantly his ability to utilize the talent at hand. Both of these athletes should have been major contributors from day one. This year we had the athletes, we had talent, we had the best line since I can remember, we only had three teams on the schedule that should have been favored over us, but we had our first LOSING SEASON in over twenty years!!!???? If there aren't changes made to this staff then there should be changes made at an higher level, because this season has exposed some obvious shortcomings (most noted would have to be play calling regardless of who is on the field)!!! The leaders of this program seem to have become VERY comfortable with being mediocre. Hopefully they will learn from the mistakes made this season.   

Edited by Cap1

..... Don't see THS having a winning record for next 3 years.

You guys will beat us (Boone) for the next 3 years, of course that's not much consolation.  My advice would be to schedule some winnable non-conference games just to get a little momentum.   Unlike Boone, which will probably schedule 4 top 10 teams for our non-con games.     Heck sometimes I wonder why we don't just try and put Maryville and Fulton on the schedule....   ** sigh *** .....