5A - can anyone stop Indy ?

I knew the offense would score this year

But surprised how dominant they have been on both sides of the ball - The defense is just plain nasty and can anyone slow the Eagles down on offense ? The road will be tough with some very strong teams in their path .... Tough draw with Cane Ridge then looks like HHS round 2

It will be fun - good luck Indy........

Highlight was 49-6 win over CHS

42.1 - PPG

10.2 - PPA

In 5 of those games 2nd team started 2nd half ...

Opponents won 57 games ( only faced 3 teams with losing record )

Indy with backup QB beat Smyrna, Stewart's Creek and Lincoln Co etc....

Indy has produced 2004 yds rushing

Total yards game 454 average ....

WR Nate Johnson 17 receiving TD's

QB Bunch in only 5 games in which 3 he was pulled at halftime was a mind boggling

96 -140 - 1942 - 19 - 2 - 664%

and 14 -128 on the ground for 9.1 average

Starter since sophomore year has grasp of Blades offense and has close to 6,000 career yards passing .....

Edited by GodCountryNotreDame

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy having that Home Field until the finals is HUGE for that team.

Cane Ridge has the talent and team to play with Indy but their lack of depth will show by halftime. Depth and matching up is huge vs Independence. Indy should win by at least 10.

If my Commandos get past Shelbyville after finishing the season vs two cupcakes then that matchup would be a great one if the commando wing T gets moving vs Indy and can keep that powerful O off the field. (Hendersonville has proven in the last few years that they can go on the road to anyone's house and beat em. I know Indy fans want a shot at us.)

Not looking too much into the future just yet. Got a lot of football to be played this week everyone's 0-0!!!

Gonna be some great 5A playoffs in tennessee.

Where you been all year, 'Domer?

To answer your question, probably not.

Observing from the distance.......

Without a doubt I can say any playoff game for Indy is not a " gimme "

There are just that many talented teams this year and on any given Friday night anything can happen....

Please don't say teams match up well or have the athletes to play with Indy's offense - no team does! Fact is they are a well oiled machine with a QB whom knows the system , can read defenses and knows where to attack .....

The D of Indy has been lights out all year and has been the Achilles of teams past - this year they are just plain nasty and remind me very much of the Ravenwood D that won the Gold Ball....

But anything can happen on Friday so let's strap the pads on and see what happens...

All I know is Maryville is still afraid to play top competition 😃😄😳💪ðŸ¿â˜ðŸ»ðŸ™ˆðŸ™‰ðŸ™Š

If Hendersonville and Indy meet again, it'll be tougher now than when Hville came out and beat a Vic Wharton led Indy team a couple years ago.

Hville has figured out how to stop teams who rely too much on 1 player in the playoffs... Vic Wharton and Indy in 2013, Josh Malone 2013 playoffs, Jalen Hurd 2011 playoffs.... But this Indy team is more balanced than any of those teams. Would be an awesome rematch if it happens, though.

Thanks for the info on Indy. They are having a great season for sure. Plus, I respect Coach Blaze.

The team I cheer for is Oak Ridge. In the last 5 games the 1st string defense has only allowed one touchdown. We also have junior UT commitment Tee Higgins who is a stud on both sides of the ball. I'd also say Coach Gaddis is one of the best. BUT, OR has to keep getting better or it all means nothing.

RWR.

If Hendersonville and Indy meet again, it'll be tougher now than when Hville came out and beat a Vic Wharton led Indy team a couple years ago.

Hville has figured out how to stop teams who rely too much on 1 player in the playoffs... Vic Wharton and Indy in 2013, Josh Malone 2013 playoffs, Jalen Hurd 2011 playoffs.... But this Indy team is more balanced than any of those teams. Would be an awesome rematch if it happens, though.

i've always put the past two years against indy up to coaching. Last year was just embarrassing for them and the year before that even more. I think coach blade is an amazing coach but has been out coached by hatfield.

i've always put the past two years against indy up to coaching. Last year was just embarrassing for them and the year before that even more. I think coach blade is an amazing coach but has been out coached by hatfield.

With respect you are not even close to the goal line in your opinion

1st year - 36-35 loss and we didn't have a defense yet you won on last minute drive

And we has sophomore QB

Last year - all underclass kids , had small defense finished 3-3 (6-5 overall )

Blade has won a gold ball , has beaten Crabtree , Crawford , Rector all with gold balls as well ....

He can coach

This year they are grown up

This year was the year everyone had circled for that special year

When talent is not up to par like it has been the last 2 meetings sure It's easy to say he was out coached ?

He has the team now to compete

I will worry about 1st round first