5A -Region 5 and Region 6 matchups

eers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel his speed could be a factor but we have some athletes on D with Hughes at LB he can spy.

Hillsboro 28 a Lav 22

Hendersonville 42- Shelbyville 30

Beech 21 - lc 20

Cane Ridge 16- Indy 45

Anthony Hughes does nothing but impress me more each week. He simply flies around and has a nose for the ball on every play. First TD of the game was a Strip Sack by Smalls and an epic 49 yard scoop and score by Hughes. He made numerous tackles over the middle and kept #7 in check most of the game. With his added wrinkles in the passing game and even scoring in the run game he adds another dimension to the Commando offense. Oh, did I mention he's a sophomore. He and Brett Coker look like season veterans out there. Coker was putting the ball on the money all night and now has a grasp on the wing T but with his own flare.

Hughes is going to be crucial vs Indy next week. I hope he and the rest of the D habe a picture of Bunch taped to their mirrors and film on non stop all week. Keeping Indy in check is going to be a tough task.

Terrell Carter, Jack Towe , and Mike Harris all make it difficult for any defense due to their ability to score every time they touch the ball. I bet Hendersonville is the last team that Indy wanted to matchup with early in the playoffs

Edited by BarnBurner09

Round 2 with only 1 region 5 team left. Granted that team is possibly the best team in the state regardless of classification. A region 6 team will play in the quarterfinals and will have a shot at semis.

My picks.....

Indy over Hville. 35-28

Hboro over Beech. 21-20

I may be in attendance at 1 of these games.

Anthony Hughes does nothing but impress me more each week. He simply flies around and has a nose for the ball on every play. First TD of the game was a Strip Sack by Smalls and an epic 49 yard scoop and score by Hughes. He made numerous tackles over the middle and kept #7 in check most of the game. With his added wrinkles in the passing game and even scoring in the run game he adds another dimension to the Commando offense. Oh, did I mention he's a sophomore. He and Brett Coker look like season veterans out there. Coker was putting the ball on the money all night and now has a grasp on the wing T but with his own flare.

Hughes is going to be crucial vs Indy next week. I hope he and the rest of the D habe a picture of Bunch taped to their mirrors and film on non stop all week. Keeping Indy in check is going to be a tough task.

Terrell Carter, Jack Towe , and Mike Harris all make it difficult for any defense due to their ability to score every time they touch the ball. I bet Hendersonville is the last team that Indy wanted to matchup with early in the playoffs

Wrong - Indy wanted HHS

This years Indy team is just plain nasty and no I will not fear any of them at all - respect yes - fear no.....

Key on Bunch and the running game will get you

Averaging 9.1 , tape his picture up but he will still light you up

Your best bet is a slugfest like a few years ago but the only thing is this year the D has grown up

And Indy wants you

Wrong - Indy wanted HHS

This years Indy team is just plain nasty and no I will not fear any of them at all - respect yes - fear no.....

Your best bet is a slugfest like a few years ago but the only thing is this year the D has grown up

And Indy wants you

How big are the lines for Indy? All the tv highlights focus on the ball and we never get to see the big uglies. They have to be beasts to be doing all they are doing. I'm convinced they are the best team in the state.

How big are the lines for Indy? All the tv highlights focus on the ball and we never get to see the big uglies. They have to be beasts to be doing all they are doing. I'm convinced they are the best team in the state.

Don't forget Bunch and the skilled guys are in year 3 of starting - the thing is Bunch has such command of Blades offense and releases the ball very quickly

They are so loaded at offense skill positions that if you key on one person they will strike you with another

Sure anything can happen on a Friday night but I know Indy has wanted HHS since day 1 of practice

Wrong - Indy wanted HHS

And Indy wants you

Do you play for Indy?

YouTube has several full game films thanks to Williamson County's Tv channel. Just search and you'll find a few

No doubt they are good and haven't been stopped. But no ones handing independence the gold ball just yet

Round 2 with only 1 region 5 team left. Granted that team is possibly the best team in the state regardless of classification. A region 6 team will play in the quarterfinals and will have a shot at semis.

My picks.....

Indy over Hville. 35-28

Hboro over Beech. 21-20

I may be in attendance at 1 of these games.

If the injury bug has bitten Beech again it may be Hillsboros game the second time as well. I watched the matchup last week and felt that Hillsboro was flat and relied on huge plays late and lack of Execution by bEech.

And man do I hope you are wrong about the other score. I'm hoping for another 36-35 thriller with hendersonville running it down their throats (not to bring up any recent nightmares that independence fans may have)

Can't wait for next Friday !! Commandos have been watching tape since 1039pm last night

Indy's line has been outsized in every game but Summit.  Average about 225 lbs on offense.  About the same on D.  Very strong for their size however and very well coached.