Did RPL and ECNL play effect injury levels during high school season?

somewhereinmemphis

I am very far removed from the high school game but was interested in whether (injured) athletes playing both was a factor for some programs.  Also, any thoughts on RPL travel distances, game quality and college coach exposure (given that their seasons were in full swing)?

Edited by somewhereinmemphis

• 10 months later...

With TSC now an ECNL member will that affect HS soccer in TN? Thats a big commitment from players and I believe you can roster 30 players at a time. Thats 90-120 HS aged players that could be affected.

IMO its a game changer for TN soccer. There are only a few playing ECNL right now at ECNL clubs (Top Hat, GSA, AFU, and BUSA) but next year is going to be a whole different game.

I have been very impressed with the speed of play and technical ability with each team I've seen. It can't do anything but improve the kids and help create exposure for them and TN overall.

Edited by Playerscoach

Depends on whether one organization or the other mandates that the kids can only play within that organization. ECNL currently does not have that policy, and the TSSAA currently allows kids to play ECNL. I worry about the fatigue factor from ECNL far more than SRPL, given the number of games. The girls will need to factor in what their overall goals are related to playing soccer. Their parents will need to be sensible. Playing both may be too much.

USSDA has had the "club only, no school" policy since 2012. My former school in North Carolina had a few players who elected to play USSDA only. One of those ended up at UNC Chapel-Hill (now currently the leading scorer at Charlotte, currently ranked 4th in D1), but another ended up at a D3 mid-table school in the Liberty League. I have to wonder if giving up the last two years of high school soccer was worth it in order to play D3. We had others prior to 2012 who managed to play both USSDA and high school, including this guy: http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/jonathan-campbell

Again, it's all about the players and their goals, unless an organization says "No". If that organization says "No" for the right reasons, such as being sincerely worried about over-training, then we will all learn to deal with it, I am sure.

Depends on whether one organization or the other mandates that the kids can only play within that organization. ECNL currently does not have that policy, and the TSSAA currently allows kids to play ECNL. I worry about the fatigue factor from ECNL far more than SRPL, given the number of games. The girls will need to factor in what their overall goals are related to playing soccer. Their parents will need to be sensible. Playing both may be too much.

USSDA has had the "club only, no school" policy since 2012. My former school in North Carolina had a few players who elected to play USSDA only. One of those ended up at UNC Chapel-Hill (now currently the leading scorer at Charlotte, currently ranked 4th in D1), but another ended up at a D3 mid-table school in the Liberty League. I have to wonder if giving up the last two years of high school soccer was worth it in order to play D3. We had others prior to 2012 who managed to play both USSDA and high school, including this guy: http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/jonathan-campbell

Again, it's all about the players and their goals, unless an organization says "No". If that organization says "No" for the right reasons, such as being sincerely worried about over-training, then we will all learn to deal with it, I am sure.

Neither ECNL nor club mandates you play for one or another in theory but club coaches, in every example I am aware of, demand if there's a confict the player plays for the club. :)

The DA IMO will have little to no affect on TN high school soccer for the foreseeable future.

The ECNL has been a fantastic experience for the four family's I know. Its costly and time consuming but the level of play and exposure is phenomenal. Shoot, she had LSU and Ole Miss at a practice. :) College coaches flock to ECNL events with regularity.

BTW I missed our little preseason scrimmage and so did my daugher since she just had her wisdom teeth out the day before. Maybe we can get a real game on the schedule for next year? That way she and Hailey B. can go at each other. Love that kid and David is a good friend. :)

Edited by Playerscoach

Great to hear about joining the ECNL!

what region - southeast or mid-atlantic??

Now maybe some teams from Memphis can win a state championship with TN Soccer...

Havent named a region. Word is Top Hat is doing the DA but might have an ECNL team as well. In the U16's they have four girls in the national pool so they would drop off quite a bit. If they leave altogether the Southeast seems likely.

Some say Southeast and others say the one with the IN teams?

Edited by Playerscoach