Blackman apologizes to Warren County for sign

Blaze45

Good Lord I hate this " Politically Correct " World we Live in . Our Coaches actually Grabbed our Face masks , gave us a Boot in the Arse every now and then , Slapped us up side the Helmet , Screamed , Hollered .... you Name it .... No Mommies went to the Papers Crying , no Policemen Showed up .... We were actually more Scared of our Coach seeing us Screw up than we were of the Big Lug on the other team .... And every player on our Team Loved all of our Coaches ... to this Day !! Last Year the Hall of Fame in Blount County Inducted our 1976 State Championship Team ... every Coach was there , and I told everyone of them I Loved Them and they told me , and every other Player there they Loved us Too .... 38 Years Later and I would of Still run through a Wall for any one of Them . I feel sorry for kids today that are being so Spoiled Rotten that they will never be able to adapt to a Hard or Harsh Situation without Crying about it .

My Coaches Prepared me very well for my Life ahead .... including when I joined an Even bigger Team called the United States Marine Corps ... it actually wasn't that hard of an adjustment at all .... and ya that USMC team didn't care much for crybabies either . Seeing a sign made up by the opposing high school team that says " Worst " on it ... Owie my Head Hurts ! When I was 12 yrs old I was the QB for the John Sevier Vols .... the week we were gonna play our biggest game we came to practice and at the top of the Flag Pole were 2 small Dolls with my Number and the Fullbacks number ( of course our coaches were outraged that the other team would do such a thing .... hehe , which of course they had did , but I didn't know that then )

I can only imagine the life long counseling required for some kids today along with their entire families if they were " Hung in Effigy " LOL :mrgreen:  

• Upvote 1

Times have changed.I remember when DB's cheerleaders ,band students "whoever" sent a tape  " supposedly" with cheers and band music telling us at Greeneville how they were going to kick our azz and what a crap school we were.I don't know who made it but I do know it was played all week for players to hear. You know what, the coaches used it for motivation .If your wondering,DB still kicked our azz  .Those things are nothing like what I seen as a  player on the road in the 70's at a couple places.We had black players get down on the floor of the bus as we  got to one town.I still remember thinking,what the hail.It didn't take long to see they had good reason.During the game, grown men are standing behind us drinking liquor and cursing us and trying to pick a fight and calling us "N" lovers .One of their bastrd sons spit in my face and another bit me during the game.I got some good shots in but when it came time to leave and rocks were being thrown at the bus, my black friends had some company on the bus floor.Now,that's something to complain about.A player from the generation ahead of me said that was nothing,you should have seen our coach walk over and knock out one of their fans .Someone gave him a knife when the brawl started in case their fans got passed us during the fight !

I'd rather deal with that gentle stuff than some mean old cheerleaders tell me my team was the worse.... :huh:

As a Wc fan I think the wchs should send an apology letter to the community of Wc for unable to give a winning season since early 80s!now embarrassing the community with this mess over a sign that is great for team spirit that blackman has.this Hubbard cat sounds like he never played a sport please stop talking.wc was wrong and we are sorry! That all Wc needs to say...

Good Lord I hate this " Politically Correct " World we Live in . Our Coaches actually Grabbed our Face masks , gave us a Boot in the Arse every now and then , Slapped us up side the Helmet , Screamed , Hollered .... you Name it .... No Mommies went to the Papers Crying , no Policemen Showed up .... We were actually more Scared of our Coach seeing us Screw up than we were of the Big Lug on the other team .... And every player on our Team Loved all of our Coaches ... to this Day !! Last Year the Hall of Fame in Blount County Inducted our 1976 State Championship Team ... every Coach was there , and I told everyone of them I Loved Them and they told me , and every other Player there they Loved us Too .... 38 Years Later and I would of Still run through a Wall for any one of Them . I feel sorry for kids today that are being so Spoiled Rotten that they will never be able to adapt to a Hard or Harsh Situation without Crying about it .

My Coaches Prepared me very well for my Life ahead .... including when I joined an Even bigger Team called the United States Marine Corps ... it actually wasn't that hard of an adjustment at all .... and ya that USMC team didn't care much for crybabies either . Seeing a sign made up by the opposing high school team that says " Worst " on it ... Owie my Head Hurts ! When I was 12 yrs old I was the QB for the John Sevier Vols .... the week we were gonna play our biggest game we came to practice and at the top of the Flag Pole were 2 small Dolls with my Number and the Fullbacks number ( of course our coaches were outraged that the other team would do such a thing .... hehe , which of course they had did , but I didn't know that then )

I can only imagine the life long counseling required for some kids today along with their entire families if they were " Hung in Effigy " LOL :mrgreen:  

very well said pep... i can attribute every success i have had in my life to my high school coaches and team mates......i still call them "Coach" when i see them

As a Wc fan I think the wchs should send an apology letter to the community of Wc for unable to give a winning season since early 80s!now embarrassing the community with this mess over a sign that is great for team spirit that blackman has.this Hubbard cat sounds like he never played a sport please stop talking.wc was wrong and we are sorry! That all Wc needs to say...

It is fine to just disagree Donnie.

Again, it is amusing when folks point fingers and over react about people they claim are pointing fingers and over reacting.

I must say, you seldom fail to entertain.

In Kingsport Friday night at the DB vs. Science Hill the DB cheerleaders had a big sign on the fence that read " KILL the HILL" the Hilltoppers aren't expecting an apology. SH 27 DB 24.

Students used the word "kill" and were not immediately arrested and expelled. I'm shocked.

But just let a five year old boy hug a five year old girl at school. Off to Brushy he goes.

very well said pep... i can attribute every success i have had in my life to my high school coaches and team mates......i still call them "Coach" when i see them

Pep

I would never ever thought I would say this but

Amen and keep preaching

Very well stated and the truth

Heck if you got thru 2 a days without getting your face mask yanked , a kick in the #### from a coach or a clipboard busted over your helmet it was a miracle of God

Now we give out trophies for just playing

Back in the day only #1 got one

Surprised no one has yet cried over your Rebels name yet ......