Union City hosts Peabody. Can the Tornadoes Slow the Tide's Roll?

BigSwo

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to ask the Peabody posters a question. I'm curious how you have managed to turn things around since the Dresden game? I must say I was surprised at the outcome of that game. Just curious what steps were taken and what changes you have noticed to get you guys back on track?

The only thing that went wrong in that game is we had 4-5 turnovers that really killed us, a number of times we were driving and would shoot ourselves in the foot. Anytime you turn it over that many times against a good team, hay you saw that Friday night is bound to happen Edited by Goldentide99

The only thing that went wrong in that game is we had 4-5 turnovers that really killed us, a number of times we were driving and would shoot ourselves in the foot. Anytime you turn it over that many times against a good team, hay you saw that Friday night is bound to happen

Yeah I remember hearing about the turnovers. Also Malone only got the ball 3 times. I'm looking forward to another classic match up this Friday. Everything is on the line for both teams. Lose and go home. Praying for an injury free game.

I want to ask the Peabody posters a question. I'm curious how you have managed to turn things around since the Dresden game? I must say I was surprised at the outcome of that game. Just curious what steps were taken and what changes you have noticed to get you guys back on track?

Simply put, after the Dresden game they didn't play anybody...They would have won those games without Malone...

Guest hevyrevy1611

Trenton has revenge & redemption on its heart, plus being in underdog status with something to prove, they just may pull the upset. They capable, we'll see. UC is unbeaten & tops for a reason. Will no doubt be the most followed game in state. Game of champions. Sad somebody has to go home afterwatds. No injuries & good luck!

At the high school level, momentum is everything.  Both turnovers and penalties are big factors in creating momentum swings.  Turnovers, not individual players, were responsible for Dresden's big win over Peabody.  That's not to take anything away from the Lions.  They are a great team.  But a two touchdown lead can quickly grow, or evaporate, with momentum working for or against teenagers.  Likewise, turnovers were primarily responsible for Dresden's loss to a great UC team.  Based on the Tornado juggernaut which averages 57 ppg, any team that beats them will have to have a powerful, mistake-free offense.  Defense is important, but not as important as protecting the ball and not making offensive mistakes.    

Here is a crazy stat.

UC has thrown the ball a total of 12 times this season... 8/12 206yds 4 TDs 1 INTs!

In the last 6 games they have attempted just 4 passes. This is insane to me! Thats incredible!

True, but what's also incredible is that this thread is only on page 4.  The low interest leads me to believe this one won't be close - another mercy rule.