District 9-A

ecu

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a district! A shame one of these teams will be sitting at home after the district tournament. Any of the above mentioned teams could easily finish first in about every district in TN but three. Fun games to watch and still a very young district. As good as Community is there are a lot of young teams pushing them this year. Just think about how good some of the teams will be in the future. The district is fun to watch.

What a district! A shame one of these teams will be sitting at home after the district tournament. Any of the above mentioned teams could easily finish first in about every district in TN but three. Fun games to watch and still a very young district. As good as Community is there are a lot of young teams pushing them this year. Just think about how good some of the teams will be in the future. The district is fun to watch.

Great district! After the December preview have there been any surprises or disappointments?

Community runs the table in the district.  Moore Co. has best chance to beat them followed by MTCS.

Moore can beat them if they get even sub par post play. Last time they played Community won by 7 with post players accounting for only 3 points I believe. One would think they would combine for at least 10 just from rebounds and put backs. While I think Moore's guard play is better than Community, they would have to shoot a crazy percentage to win without the post combining for at least 10-15 points. I would like to see Moore shoot the three more against Community and have a better chance at long rebounds.

Moore can beat them if they get even sub par post play. Last time they played Community won by 7 with post players accounting for only 3 points I believe. One would think they would combine for at least 10 just from rebounds and put backs. While I think Moore's guard play is better than Community, they would have to shoot a crazy percentage to win without the post combining for at least 10-15 points. I would like to see Moore shoot the three more against Community and have a better chance at long rebounds.

Think that is a good assessment of Moore Co. Just not sure they are going to get much more out of their post players. If MC tried to go small Community would never be stopped. Was surprised Eagleville beat MC.

Think that is a good assessment of Moore Co. Just not sure they are going to get much more out of their post players. If MC tried to go small Community would never be stopped. Was surprised Eagleville beat MC.

That's what happens when you shoot 30% from the floor. Eagleville made a run late and MC couldn't answer. Barnes played well and hit some big threes when the scout says let her shoot them. To me the big matchup this year will be Huntland vs Moore. That could possibly dictate how far each team makes it this year. With that being said the season is only halfway over and there is a reason they play the games. This district is so tight at the top one injury could change everything. I just enjoy how competitive it is.

Why should MC posts have to only get points off of put backs and rebounds? Maybe if they had the ball actually passed to them more they would score? Another case of passing the blame.

Not passing blame, but if you have watched any of the Community games the past couple of years; Moore has been do dominated in the post. If you have watched the games, the percentage for points after the ball enters the post is very low. Teams usually play to their strength and Moore' s strength is definitely their guard play. Phil24' when a team wants to improve they look at their weakness and try to improve. I am sorry but the ball entered the post numerous times during the Community game and three points is all that was scored. This is not going to get it done. Also, their is a difference between being accountable and improving or just passing blame. So do you think it is just bad guard play that has led to Community's wins.