Kingsport DB "3rd worst season record since 1921"

kingindian33

These kids played hard and fought all year and I am not taking anything away from these young kids ... a lot of talent in these kids , talent the coaches are not allowing to shine and talent a "great coaching staff " could showcase by preparing better on and off the field " ! The coaches are failing at teaching - failing the team , school and the fans !!! There comes a time for all coaches to decide their/staffs future and to look back at the great times and seasons and make the decision to fire people or step down ..... to allow a new coach/staff to carry the tradtion "of winning"

" coaches know it's a job $$$ and coaches know when they should step down - coaches should not be stubborn , they should step up and be a man - they are getting paid to do a job and when one fails at that job, Well ...."

Some say it's the new conference - nope it's clearly teaching at positions , complete failure of preparation on and off the field !!

It's sad when you hear "I'm just coming to watch the band " .....

Edited by kingindian33

These kids played hard and fought all year and I am not taking anything away from these young kids ... a lot of talent in these kids , talent the coaches are not allowing to shine and talent a "great coaching staff " could showcase by preparing better on and off the field " ! The coaches are failing at teaching - failing the team , school and the fans !!! There comes a time for all coaches to decide their/staffs future and to look back at the great times and seasons and make the decision to fire people or step down ..... to allow a new coach/staff to carry the tradtion "of winning"

" coaches know it's a job $$$ and coaches know when they should step down - coaches should not be stubborn , they should step up and be a man - they are getting paid to do a job and when one fails at that job, Well ...."

Some say it's the new conference - nope it's clearly teaching at positions , complete failure of preparation on and off the field !!

It's sad when you here " I'm just coming to watch the band " .....

Ad to that, most points given up in one season in school history, most yardage given up in one season in school history. 80% of the problem is obviously the defense. Holt is the only coach on the defense side that should be there. The rest are a "COMPLETE JOKE" I've kept faith in Clarks play calling for the most part even though occasionally he seem's to have games where he goes completly stupid. And then there's the thought of, how in the world do you come up with a game plan on offense when you know your defense couldn't slow down a middle school team. But then looking at last night? It looked like there was no game plan at all. Looked like they just showed up and threw in some plays looking for something that might work. Not taking anything away from Blackman, they were the better team and would of won that game even if we had better coaching (maybe). But that final score should of been more like the halftime score. 21-7. All that said look for the sunshine pumpers to come out with the usual. They'll bring up that we played Science Hill close and last nights game would of been close if not for the turnovers, the team is young, the players quit, yada yada yada. The powers that be all the way from the Board of Mayor and Alt. and the school board to the water boys are all from the same click. They look after each other, pat each other on the back and brag on what a good job they did. Nothing is going to change until they all die of old age. 

Ad to that, most points given up in one season in school history, most yardage given up in one season in school history. 80% of the problem is obviously the defense. Holt is the only coach on the defense side that should be there. The rest are a "COMPLETE JOKE" I've kept faith in Clarks play calling for the most part even though occasionally he seem's to have games where he goes completly stupid. And then there's the thought of, how in the world do you come up with a game plan on offense when you know your defense couldn't slow down a middle school team. But then looking at last night? It looked like there was no game plan at all. Looked like they just showed up and threw in some plays looking for something that might work. Not taking anything away from Blackman, they were the better team and would of won that game even if we had better coaching (maybe). But that final score should of been more like the halftime score. 21-7. All that said look for the sunshine pumpers to come out with the usual. They'll bring up that we played Science Hill close and last nights game would of been close if not for the turnovers, the team is young, the players quit, yada yada yada. The powers that be all the way from the Board of Mayor and Alt. and the school board to the water boys are all from the same click. They look after each other, pat each other on the back and brag on what a good job they did. Nothing is going to change until they all die of old age. 

We need to play better competition they said, we need to get rid of volunteer, central, etc. they said.  Well you did and guess what, same ole same ole.  I do not see it getting any better with Science Hill's program, and Sullivan county planning on building a big High school.  The transfers you get will not happen when this is done.  But it is the same story the Saturday morning after the yearly one and done (Lets get rid of the coaches).

• Upvote 1

We need to play better competition they said, we need to get rid of volunteer, central, etc. they said.  Well you did and guess what, same ole same ole.  I do not see it getting any better with Science Hill's program, and Sullivan county planning on building a big High school.  The transfers you get will not happen when this is done.  But it is the same story the Saturday morning after the yearly one and done (Lets get rid of the coaches).

You know I've taught this class about ten times in the past two weeks. I guess you've been laying out of class. So don't wag into class today with these complete idiotic statements. Is the Science Hill program you talk about the same one that took their best team in school history to Maryville last year and lost 45-0? Or the same one that got 56 put on them this year, or the same one that lost to Bearden this year, then Bearden lost to a 2-8 team last night? Is this the same Science Hill you talk about? A new Sullivan Co.School? Transfers? DB has more players transfer out than in year in and year out. Have you been in a comma? Do you remember the Big East Conference? DB hasn't always played Volunteer, Central etc. You don't have a clue. Just another hater. It's coaching and everybody knows it.

You know I've taught this class about ten times in the past two weeks. I guess you've been laying out of class. So don't wag into class today with these complete idiotic statements. Is the Science Hill program you talk about the same one that took their best team in school history to Maryville last year and lost 45-0? Or the same one that got 56 put on them this year, or the same one that lost to Bearden this year, then Bearden lost to a 2-8 team last night? Is this the same Science Hill you talk about? A new Sullivan Co.School? Transfers? DB has more players transfer out than in year in and year out. Have you been in a comma? Do you remember the Big East Conference? DB hasn't always played Volunteer, Central etc. You don't have a clue. Just another hater. It's coaching and everybody knows it.

Jealous Hate Much?

Science Hill:

1. 9-2

2. 2nd in Conference to Maryville

3. 4 Straight against DB

4. Hosting Playoff Game this Friday

5. 38-9 over last 4 years

6. Trending UP!

ps The Big East had Campbell County, South Doyle and Karns and just saw where you were adamant that SH would be no better than 5-5 this year. That still would have had them finish above DB. Let the name calling begin!

• Upvote 1

Jealous Hate Much?

Science Hill:

1. 9-2

2. 2nd in Conference to Maryville

3. 4 Straight against DB

4. Hosting Playoff Game this Friday

5. 38-9 over last 4 years

6. Trending UP!

ps The Big East had Campbell County, South Doyle and Karns and just saw where you were adamant that SH would be no better than 5-5 this year. That still would have had them finish above DB. Let the name calling begin!

Played the weakest schedule in the conference, only beat DB's third worst team in history by 3 points, Maryville put 56 points on you this year, the most they scored on any team all year. When you are a bottom feeder the only way to trend is up. Mrs. Carter

Back when DB was playing in the Big East and going deep in the playoffs there was one thing different people rarely talk about. DB ran the triple option and Clark was a master at coaching the different reads. It was the norm to see the power I or double slots, rarely did DB get in the gun. It was hard for teams to prepare for, especially if they didn't see it often. (that is why the academies give the big schools trouble in college). It is an offense that could put a less talented team at an advantage if they executed properly. This type of offense kept the defense off the field and always led to winning the time of possession game. This led to some great defenses back in the day. Think about it today's game is score in 3-4 plays or 3 and out punt, this puts the defense coming on the field every 2 minutes or so. Watson was a great D Coordinator and also a great o-line coach when it came to blocking schemes for the option. Seems like the last Science Hill game we saw some flashes of smash mouth football and time of possession which led to keeping a high powered offense in check. Somewhere along the line we lost that identity and thought we were a better tempo team? Maybe it was a QB that came along that wasn't suited to run the option or Clark just got bored and wanted to prove he could win in other ways. Anyone remember the great triple option and double slot QB's and back combos?

Navy Memphis game is proving my point.. Less talent then Memphis not as many athletes but controls the game with the style of offense they run. Some of DB's best years I almost guarantee DB did not have the most athletes or best talent. Played as a team and ran a unique offense. If you have been watching DB a while I remember a loaded oak ridge team that came to Kingsport they had several D-1 players and A running back by the name of Fred Powell along with a good O-Line sent them packing. No way DB had the same level of athletes that year. Could say the same for a few other years after that ended with some semi-final runs.

Edited by GATA44

DB was not a great game last night but Hats off to the kids for a good effort. As a Blackman fan I saw your frustration last night. By second quarter I knew you were going to give right, give left number 4, 5  qb keep or short pass and that was it. Now would that have changed the game to mix it up alot more...maybe. But I think the puzzling question was you are in the red zone down by alot and you go for 3 instead of 7. Granted it keeps the clock stopped, but 7 would too. I talked to a couple fans who made the trip and they seemed to be of the ideal it was just another game and it was what they expected. I hope whatever happens you guys get things worked out. Good luck!

Sorry Waco, you Indians just aren't very good. There's no way you can say they have loads of talent and have this kind of season.

Never said they had "loads of talent". But I did say they had talent. Enough talent that they should of only lost two games during regular season and should of won a couple of playoff games. They had as much or more talent as Science Hill. 80% of the problem was the defensive coaches. I don't care what you say. I'm right about this. Actually it's so obvious I can't believe you or anybody else would try to say it's anything else.