Round 2-Wilson Central 5-6 @ Franklin 8-3

Hoganknows

The Rebels have reeled off 6 wins in a row and face a Wilson Central team they beat a few weeks back at Wilson Central 35-3. HC Coach Donnie Webb's team is playing great defense as usual and OC Coach Winfree's option offense has been clicking lately. 

Franklin has a great chance to advance to the Quarterfinals and keep their magical season going. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not brave enough to say WC will win this but they are not the same team that played Franklin a month ago. I hope Franklin remembers how easy it was to run up the middle on us and game plans to do it again.

Donnie Webb is too smart of a coach to game plan the exact same way he did for the first meeting against WC.  Franklin will have several new wrinkles as well as I'm sure WC will.

The playoffs are a completely different animal and games are usually much closer than the first time any two teams played in the regular season.

The only thing Franklin has going into this game that WC doesn't have is the Franklin players know they can beat WC whereas if things don't go WC's way early a seed of doubt will come into their players minds because of the way the first game went.

Those kind are too stressful. Should've been 35 - 0 at the half but a questionable play call along with a questionable officials call on the 1 yard line cost WC 1 TD. We went 6 quarters without giving up a score Cordova score all their points in the first and Franklin scored all theirs in the 4th. Key move for WC was moving #23 from offense to full time defense and getting creative with the offense.

Well wonder whose son #23 is. According to you he is the saving grace for the central team.

Hey I'm proud of him but he's not the saving grace. Just taking him off the offensive side helped it gives the big two a lot more carries. The saving grace is that our offense passing more and making plays we need and our defense is making better tackles. i think the last few games different kids have stepped up big just like #21 did tonight. I'm just happy I get to watch #23 play another high school game. If someone hates on me because I'm proud of my son, then hate on, because I don't care. I didn't play football and he doesn't listen to me, so really what I say doesn't effect anything.