3rd Round- Nashville Christian(11-1) host Wayne County(12-0)

wildcatalumni

I'm all about serious questions. He really hasn't been consistently but there was one game earlier in the year we struggled a bit. See, that didn't hurt asking a serious question and getting a decent answer which is just my opinion. Of course opinions vary.

If you care to ask questions about the game or something of that nature, I'm sure they will be answered. 

Edited by bigb31072

Here are the WC drives from last game when they "drove into the redzone at will".

Drive 1 -5 yards fumble lost on 3rd and 12

Drive 2 -5 yards fumble lost on 3rd and 10

Drive 3 69 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 10 (59 on bust cov play)

Drive 4 7 yards Punt on 4th and 3

Drive 5 25 yards Interception thrown on 3rd and 7

Drive 6 37 yards Interception thrown on 2nd and 14

Drive 7 53 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 13 (personal Foul)

Drive 8 3 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 7

Drive 9 -8 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 18

WC had 4 drives start in NCS territory at the 40-37-26-40. Those drives netted -5, -5, 3, and -8 respectively. These were drives the "at will" must have failed.

Your facts are a bit off. They had 180 yards for the entire game and almost 60 came on one busted coverage play. Somebody get this guy a WC t shirt. Hes been on the bandwagon darn near 3 months now, hes earned it.

Awesome summary.

Y'all's field looks to be in great playing shape. We have a mess with ours. Our boys are looking forward to get to playing on green grass rather than dirt and sand. Going to be some nice football weather as well. Looks to be a great night for football.

Our field dries out really well - kudos to whoever made sure that crown was done right.  So even if it rains tomorrow (like they are calling for), it should be in good condition Friday night.

And since you were here last year, you know not to expect too much as far as the stands go  :mellow:

Here's some statistics that some of you Wayne County and NCS faithful might enjoy reading about both teams on the season.

Wayne County (12-0)

Home Record:7-0

Away Record: 5-0

Best Win: Huntingdon (10-2)

Opponents combined record: 57-62

The Wildcats have played 5 teams this season with a winning record, as well as playing 7 teams that have made the playoffs.

Points Per Game: 38.6

Opp. Points Per Game: 9.4

Nashville Christian School (11-1)

Home Record: 7-0

Away Record: 4-1

Best Win: Huntingdon (10-2)

Opponents combined record: 63-66

The Eagles have played a total of 5 teams this season with a winning record, 8 teams on the schedule have made the playoffs this season.

Points Per Game: 44.6

Opp. Points Per Game: 9.8

One thing to look for based on stats from each team is that both offenses can put points on the board and in a fast way. Also, both defenses are averaging giving up under 10 points per game. That's absolutely impressive! The matchup will see how both defenses gameplan to stop two of the more explosive offenses in 1A.

Correct me if im wrong but Is your middle school team from 2 years ago not a part of the team now..

They are. And several of them are starting as sophomores and some will be pressed into service next year. As we also have people from 3 years ago and some all the way from elementary school. The kids that go to the school stay because it's a good school. If they go to the middle school they get some good coaching there too. But once John Crosby starts working with them in 9th grade on the weights and they get the football education and philosophy from Coach Brothers, Montgomery, McClary, Crosby and Anderson that's what creates college level players. That's what makes it unfair. The coaching that our kids get is not limited to our 1A ranking. We can't get people in 1A to scrimmage against us so we scrimmaged this year against 3A East High who we demolished and 4A Pearl Cohn who we played to a draw til they started trying to fight. For our open weeks we have to call up the  Division II AAs of the world because we've beaten every 2A and 3A team we've faced in the past few years including what was the number 1 at the time 3A team. I'm not whining about it because all of that, including the JPII loss makes us better. People call it recruiting because it makes them feel better. But the results don't lie. The hay is in the barn buddy.

1A regular season in our district is not a challenge. The playoffs have been very challenging. We haven't won anything yet. We certainly dont view WC or Huntingdon as being a weak opponent like our regular season opponents have been despite calling it like we see it. I cant speak for everyone, but personally I like the idea of moving to Division 2-1A. It will hopefully be a lot less travel to boot!

Yeah I'd say 3A. or Div II A. I'm tired of driving to Butt Scratch, TN to whup up on guys who come afterwards to ask for autographs.